“pretty decent, nothing amazing” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Blue Tree Premium Morumbi

You added Blue Tree Premium Morumbi to your Saves list
Blue Tree Premium Morumbi
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Av. Roque Petroni Junior., 1000 | Brooklin Novo, Sao Paulo, State of Sao Paulo 04707-000, Brazil   |
Ranked #83 of 306 Hotels in Sao Paulo
Calgary
“pretty decent, nothing amazing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

First visit to Brazil so how this hotel compares to the rest in the country I can't say. It was rated much higher than I think it should have been. The staff were very helpful, and generally spoke English. The internet service in the rooms was extra, but was fast and reliable. The bar in the lobby was more lobby than bar, but the food from their kitchen was absolutely fantastic. Breakfast was included although nothing great. The room was pretty plain, small room, smaller bathroom, and unexpectedly a pair of twin beds which was quite tighter than I'm used to. The lights are only activated with your room key, but once I figured that out they still seemed a bit finicky on when they'd start. The pool was really disappointing. Right up on the roof which sounded cool, but tiny and inconveniently up some stairs from the change room (i.e. a bathroom with a couple showers). The hot tub wasn't running, nor was the spa so I never did find out what exactly that room held.

I was there for business so comfort facilities aside the hotel had the amenities I needed and the service was excellent throughout. Their location (right across from the Morumbi mall) was also very convenient, and some great restaurants are just around the corner.

I'd recommend it, but if I go back I'll be hoping the hot tub is open and I get a bigger bed. I'd not recommend it for families or holidays.

Room Tip: Check on the bed you get, if you're not used to sleeping in a twin (and as a large mammal I'...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Korean first
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

I had to stay there because of company requirements. This is my third time in this hotel. Not improved over the last times. My room had a really dirty carpet with stained spots in most part of the room. The shower area was terrible... Did not risk to enter it without sandals. I discovered towards the end of the stay that some of the people from my company staying there complained several times and "loudly" and were relocated to much cleaner rooms (rooms with no carpet and with amenities like water heater to make tea or coffee). No way to do any cloth ironing, which is important when traveling for business... Guess if you complain loud and hard you may get a clean room and clean shower. What I can rate as good is breakfast and location, because has couple of malls at walking distance (but be careful, I had my credit card cloned in one of the stores there - do not allow anyone to take your credit card away from you).

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Budapest, Hungary
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

My review says that this was a poor stay. To explain, the hotel room I got didn't feel clean. Some parts were, others weren't. Room wasn't small, but the bathroom was and the fixtures very old and not so convenient. The flooring is a cheap plastic that doesn't feel very comfortable. In general, and this was my feeling after a long flight and an interesting ride from the airport, it was sort of depressing.

My colleague had trouble blocking the light in the morning in his room and the internet didn't work. My internet worked, but the bed would shake from the air conditioner. The rooms don't have irons or ironing boards which is bad from a business travelers point of view. They offered that I could bring my clothes down in the morning, but that doesn't help if you get in at night as I did and need to show up at a meeting in the morning. I've been to Ibis hotels where they have an iron they loan you. This would have been appreciated.

We only stayed one night. My colleague was very unhappy with his room and we checked out and moved to the Grand Hyatt nearby.

The breakfast was OK and had a good variety. It is very close to the mall and there is a shuttle that takes you to some of the local offices if you need it, but it isn't advertised, you ave to ask for it.

Really, if I was on a personal vacation and was trying to save some money, this would be OK. As a place for a business trip where you want a place to relax when you are done at the end of the day, maybe get some work done, etc., I don't recommend it.

A warning. This is very close to a spot where laptop bags are stolen. Local office workers are instructed not to carry their laptops out of the office on the street. In other words, be careful if you walk from the hotel to where you are going with your laptop.

Room Tip: Upper floor is better. Very close to a noisy road.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Phoenix, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel a few times. The rooms are now dated, it's hard to get a constant temperature on any of the water faucets and they don't offer any free option for you to iron your shirts or dress pants. That's specially troublesome if you're a business visitor and the only alternative is to pay the extorsive price the charge for the service. They also have an unusual policy for check-in and anything before 3PM is considered an early check-in and they try to charge you half a daily rate, even if they have the room available which for me sounds unfair. If you refuse then they just prefer to see the guests waiting at the lobby for a couple hours before they are allowed in the room.

Room Tip: Just pick the Ibis Hotel behind Blue Tree. You're gonna get better service and better room for t...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

My third time traveling to Sao Paulo, 2nd time at this hotel. Rooms are comfortable and the location is great being right across the street from the Morumbi shopping mall. The front desk gave me complimentary late check out after spending a week there and were overall very friendly and attentive of any concerns I had.

The breakfast was adequate, but I wouldn't recommend the bar. There was nothing ever going on there and it was about as plain as could be. My colleague and I went to the Shell station next door and indulged on Brahma pounders instead when we were thirsty.

Overall if my travels take me to Sao Paulo again, I'll make an effort to stay here again.

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

Perfectly adequate hotel, good location. Really nothing special.

Two points of note:
1) Be sure to get a non-smoking room as many rooms are *really* smelly of smoke.
2) The WiFi is very, very slow. Perhaps it was just bad luck, but barely worth paying for.

Room Tip: Many are smokey!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Montreux, Switzerland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

I suspect that based on where this hotel is situated and the room rate you end up paying will dictate whether or not you rate this hotel as good, average or poor. Based on the 10 or so times I have stayed here the rate has varied considerably from visit to visit. If you are paying something in the region of 250BRL/night you'll likely judge it on the good side of ok but if you are having your wallet felt for over 500 and up to 600 BRL/night you'll very likely feel well and truly scammed and ripped off. And I have been at both ends of that spectrum with both those sentiments.

This hotel is in my opinion the better of the three all together in a cluster (an Ibis Budget and I mean Budget, an Ibis with very small and basic rooms although I have to say clean and at a good price and then this Blue Tree). It's always a busy hotel, staff are pleasant, good breakfast., overall, no complaints. Middle of the road. Nothing really endears trhis place but nothing condemns it either. It's a standard mid range hotel. Be careful of the Lobby bar prices, as it sells you drink at sky high prices (bottled beer starting at 20BRL/bottleand above) so if you want to have a beer walk round the corner and go up to the Ibis next door and no more than pay half that for exactly the same brand of product :-).

The rooms are clean tidy and adequate but many show signs of more than reasonable wear and tear for the age of the hotel. Maintenance of the rooms is overall below what similar European hotels would class as an an acceptable standard, for example in the various rooms I have stayed inover the last 12 months I have encountered (and in no particular order) damaged and broken shower heads and taps, leaky shower cabinets, badly marked walls and broken skirting boards, cracked washbasins, broken bedside lampshades, once a flooded bathroom, badly damaged toilet roll holders and metal soap dishes and lights not working in various guises. Bathroom towels/linen are of medium to poor quality and always on the thin side - but they do the job - just. Some of the non-smoking rooms have been allowed to be used by smokers as the burn marks on the furniture will testify and if the whiff if stale tobacco as you walk in hasn't already given the game away. The expensive snails pace wifi has in the past been a big issue for me but on this occasion it ppears to be working better so maybe they have upgraded it (however I have yet on this trip to try streaming something other than internet radio...).

Lift speeds and availability in the morning can be a big p1$$ me off judging by many of the reactions of frustration and angst I have witnessed to doors opening on packed lifts from those staying on a lower floor, and in this regard you may need to be patient...or ask for a high floor room which is also infinitely better from a street noise perspective. .

The one big plus at this hotel ( and the reason I return) is the approximity to the Morumbi Mall accros the street, where there is plentiful shopping and an abundance of eateries - for me an essential when away for over a week. If you are not going to use the mall or are happy to taxi to the mall or your nearby place of work, you may feel ( as I do) that there are better value hotels in the vicinity. This hotel is average, but it's draw is that it has location, location, location. That's what you pay for and that's what you get. The hotel is otherwise just average.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Been to Blue Tree Premium Morumbi? Share your experiences!