“Excellent Staff, Services and Location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Renaissance Sao Paulo Hotel

You added Renaissance Sao Paulo Hotel to your Saves list
Renaissance Sao Paulo Hotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Alameda Santos, 2233, Sao Paulo, State of Sao Paulo 01419-002, Brazil   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Free breakfast + Wi-Fi
Ranked #7 of 306 Hotels in Sao Paulo
Beverly Hills, California
“Excellent Staff, Services and Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

Because there are so few business-class hotels in Sao Paulo, I thought this might be helpful. The Renaissance is in an excellent location, at the entrance to the lovely and safe Jardins neighborhood, where you can walk comfortably at any hour and find dozens of very fine shops, galleries and restaurants just as in London, New York or any other sophisticated international city. The hotel is also just one block from Paulista and the Metro, so there is easy access to the entire city. The very best thing about the Renaissance is the staff, who could not possibly be more warm, helpful and intelligent, and who were all very eager (and empowered) to assist very efficiently with any inquiry and to show off their city to its best advantage. I would offer very special thanks to Diego, the "Navigator," or Concierge, who really did make me feel as though as I had a friend in town and answered every inquiry with the perfect level of warmth and candor. Rates at the hotel vary wildly from day to day according to demand, and at this writing most rooms had been very nicely rennovated but some others had not, and there was a very noticeable difference. In particular rooms on the Club Floor, for which a very substantial extra premium is charged, had not been rennovated and on a subsequent stay I found that the less expensive rooms a few floors down actually provided a considerably nicer environment. This is an excellent choice in Sao Paulo for many reasons, but the grace and hospitality of every single staff member seals the deal.

Room Tip: Get one of the rennovated rooms (which is now almost, but not quite, all of the hotel and not the Cl...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
RenaissanceSP, Manager at Renaissance Sao Paulo Hotel, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Dear guest, thank you for the kind words regarding your recent stay at the Renaissance. I could not have described our location better! I am happy to hear that Diego, from our team of Navigators, helped you experience the best Sao Paulo and the neighborhood of “Jardins” have to offer. I have shared your comments with him and our entire team and we look forward to welcoming you again in the near future. Gil Zanchi I General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
  • Korean first
Sevastopol, Ukraine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013 via mobile

If you can afford it - no doubts,go there.
Best Susi are there, good spa,nice people,perfect location, wish to stay here for ever!
Staff understand English, I found the elevator is kinda dirty,but who cares

• Stayed February 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Staff was excellent, welcoming and accomodating. Spoke excellent English. Room was nicely sized, clean, updated, and very comfortable. Bed was great. I always find the lobby bar a fun hangout after long day working. Food is good, drinks are good, and service is excellent. You will meet interesting business travelers. Was only there one night, but would have liked to stay longer. Breakfast bar is comprehensive and well done. Staying here is not cheap, but you get what you pay for.

Room Tip: Rooms seem to have varied configurations with some much more spacious than others, at same price.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

Loved this hotel!!! Great staff, great rooms (and tub!!!). Excellent bar staff and sushi restuarant!!! Perfect location, and safe to walk around at all times... Close to the best of the city!!! Only downside... Pool area (small and blocked from the sun by surroundings).

Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I stayed at the Renaissance Sao Paulo for 10 nights this January 2013. I was quoted a rate in USD. Upon checkout, I noticed my rate was higher than the normal FX Rate. READ THE FINE PRINT! THEY USE AN ABSURD MARK UP RATE FOR THEIR EXCHANGE RATE! "tourism". I paid $20 extra dollars a day for this stay and over 10 nights, that adds up. When I questioned the Renaissance Sao Paulo regarding this exhorbitant fee, it took 3 days for them to explain the rate and provided this website: www.valor.com.br/valor-data/moedas. I couldn't find this site nor "tourism" rate on google. They used the rate quoted on the date one day prior to my check in. Am I that internationally challenged??
I have been a "valued" rewards member for over 10 years and have traveled to 5 different continents. This was my first time staying at a Marriott in another country and I will never again choose an International Marriott. Nor will I stay at the Sao Paulo Renaissance again.
When I called the hotel, they said accounting would need to research my inquiry and to send them an email. My emails were answered by Lilian Cortez as the Front Desk Supervisor. I am confused by the titles and wonder if I am getting screwed by someone who cannot make decisions. Lilian referred to me as a MALE on multiple email exchanges although I did correct to MRS. My name is not common and it should never be assumed a traveler is male just because the name is unknown or unfamiliar. My rewards profile indicates I am female (b/c I HATE receiving letters/notes with MR.)
The rooms are okay and not on par with other Renaissance hotels that I have stayed at. The lobby is nice and the staff are pleasant and welcoming.
The rooms show wear. The doors to the rooms are hollow wooden doors and the walls are thin as you can hear conversations in adjoining rooms and phone ring tones. The food in the restaurant is nice. The food in room service is average. I will attempt to attach a picture of my "pasta" for $40.00.
I had random experiences with the turn down service. Some nights I had chocolate by my bedside and others, a bottle of water. I wondered if it had to do with the tip I left for the morning and tried to vary the amount to determine a pattern. I found if I left more than 3 BRL, I received chocolate. If I left less, I received a water.
My review would have a different tone if the hotel would address concerns by its customers appropriately. Bottom line - International Renaissance is not for me and I hope everyone is aware of the "tourism" rates being a high mark up from the normal FX rates. (you get the fees from your credit card too for the conversion!).

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Buenos Aires, Argentina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I went to Sao Paulo only two days to work. The hotel is very nice, well located in the city center. The romos are nice and comfortable and with nice round views. The hotel has lots of things I couldn't profit like a complete spa, pool, fitness center, a nice lobby area with different bars. Business center and meeting rooms are perfect for work meetings. I would definitely come back.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Brazil
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

We have spent the weekend at the Renaissance to visit some friends in Sao Paulo. We also happened to be celebrating 7 years of marriage. As I wanted to make sure that we would have an extra bed for our son I called the hotel after making the reservation online. I explained the situation and they added a note to my reservation inicluding the need for the extra bed and the marriage celebration.
At the arrival we were greeted by the receptionist who congratulated us for the date. We were told that we had been upgraded to a suite so that the extra bed could fit better and that we would have access to the club floor. We were also told that the room was not ready and were asked to wait at the Club floor while. In just a few minutes we were given the keys to our room and then, what a surprise! They had asked us to wait because they were actually preparing something special in the room. My wife got a bouquet of roses and there were rose petals on the bed and over the soap foam on the bathtube (they had just prepared a warm bath for us). Of couse my 3 yo kid was the one enjoying the bath but still it was sweet! To top it all we got a bottle of Campagne and chocolates that came with a cup filled with M&Ms for our kid.
This was the best example of customer care I ever had.
Besides the special treatment, the hotel is extremely well located both for business and leisure. The suite was very spacious and comfortable. The staff was very helpful and courteous.
I guess this review is a bit bised due to the super experience we had at the Renaissance. I just cannot find any cons about this place. If you are going to Sao Paulo, this is an excellent choice!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to Renaissance Sao Paulo Hotel? Share your experiences!