I will preface this with the fact its my second stay in Sao Paulo. First time was at Marriott Executive Apts.
Location: The Staybridge has more to offer within "safe" walking distance than the Marriott did, so for this reason alone I would return here vs. Marriott. There is an open air plaza, not a "mall" as I mistakenly thought. No real shops to speak of, but decent variety of small restaurants to order at the counter and take to a table in the courtyard. Walk down Floriano and you can find other restaurants and grocery stores easily. There is also a Starbucks which made my mornings! The theatre is also right behind, so on a rainy afternoon this was convenient to walk under covered walk-ways.
Hotel: rooms are a decent size, comfy bed. There are no dresser drawers, only open shelves and cubbies, which I didn't like at all. The closet had a decent amount of hangers. At first I didn't locate an outlet next to the bed, but then realized i only had to move the small end table out to find it near the floor. Shower is only a shower, no tub which was ok for me... however the door open slid open about 2 ft so it was not easy to get into the shower. The shower water pressure is like standing under a fire hose - good thing i didn't get sunburned or this would've killed me! on a positive note its great for washing long hair :) TV pivots from family room area to face the bed, so this is a nice convenience too. Windows are not well insulated, and even on 15th floor I could hear the noise from the street...esp the dogs and car alarms...
Check in was easy, the frt desk could also locate someone able to speak english or understand my broken spanish.
Agree with previous post about the vacuum and housecleaning service - not consistant, and washclothes were only present half the time I was here. The shampoo and conditioner are in those little square bottles... which you can't squeeze. Shampoo was awful really and I wound up purchasing some from nearby grocery store.
Overall I would return as mentioned when traveling alone so I could dine at various restaurants w/o leaving too far a radius.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Staybridge Suites Sao Paulo brings a new concept in hospitality, sucessful in USA and Canada: long stay style. Our Hotel is a member of IHG - InterContinental Hotels Group, an international group which has hotels in more than 100 countries. Inserted in one of the most commercial and business complex, the Staybridge Suites Sao Paulo has 03 types of suites and has meeting rooms which accomodates up to 200 people. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, IHG, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Staybridge Suites Sao Paulo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Staybridge Suites Sao Paulo Hotel Sao Paulo
- Sao Paulo Staybridge Suites
- Staybridge Suites Sao Paulo Brazil