Definitely not tip-top luxury, but considering how expensive hotels (and most everything) are in Sao Paulo, this hotel offers great value. Very well equipped gym; comfortable beds; small fridge and kitchen in every room, and I absolutely LOVE the fact that each room has a truly independent A/C unit. This means that, unlike most European hotels (and many in the US as well) where you can only turn the cooling function during the hottest months of the year, in here you can really adjust the temperature according to your own preference at any time (shockingly, there are plenty of muggy nights during the fall and the spring).
The location is great, with plenty of places to eat literally outside the door. The breakfast is included and was pretty good for my standards: plenty of fruit and bread selections. I admit, however, to not being a big-breakfast guy, so if you want eggs and bacon and the like, you may not love the options. BTW, the room service options are SUPERB, because they’re delivered by two of the restaurants downstairs. I ordered something one night and almost found myself wishing I had done that more.
Downside: the windows don’t offer much sound insulation, so you can hear the buses and the hustle of the street. Also, the doors have metal blades that make it impossible to shut them quietly, e.g. you can hear every one of your neighbors entering or leaving the room. For light-sleepers like myself, that’s a bit of a turnoff, but nothing insurmountable. The bathroom and shower are a bit smallish; the temperature of the water was fine for me, but if you’re one of those folks who like to take REALLY hot showers, you may have a problem. Internet connection was okay, but not great – then again, it’s free. You can pay for a faster connection if you want, which sounds fair to me.
Overall, the pluses far outweigh the cons.
- Also Known As:
- Staybridge Suites Sao Paulo Hotel Sao Paulo
- Staybridge Suites Sao Paulo Hotel
- Sao Paulo Staybridge Suites
- Staybridge Suites Sao Paulo Brazil
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- You will be swept away by the beauty and vibrant culture of Brazil that surrounds the Staybridge Suites São Paulo hotel. Guests traveling on business or leisure are captivated by the stunning skyscrapers and cosmopolitan lifestyle of Sao Paulo.The hotel's location is in the center of the Brascan Century Plaza complex which offers many options of restaurants, six movie theaters, three coffee shops, a bookstore, cash exchange point and more. The exclusive Itaim Bibi area has something for everyone. Many of the best music, theatre, museum and dining offerings are found in the breathtaking metropolis of São Paulo.The hotel's amenities delight the most discerning of guests. The outdoor pool, sauna, self parking, free breakfast buffet, internet high speed and helipad are a few of the perks carefully chosen for your comfort. This award-winning hotel impresses guests with its exceptional services bestowed with a Brazilian flair. Make your plans today! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Venere and Otel so you can book your Staybridge Suites Sao Paulo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.