“Good Location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Capcana Hotel Sao Paulo Jardins

You added Capcana Hotel Sao Paulo Jardins to your Saves list
Capcana Hotel Sao Paulo Jardins
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Alameda Santos, 484 | Jardim Paulista, Sao Paulo, State of Sao Paulo 01418-000, Brazil   |
Ranked #114 of 306 Hotels in Sao Paulo
“Good Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

Very good localization. Very friendly and professional staff. Suitable price. Breakfast is quite good in variety and quality.
Facilities a bit old and lack of maintenance. One lift is not enough for the hotel.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Cristian0O, Gerente geral at Capcana Hotel Sao Paulo Jardins, responded to this review, February 9, 2013
Dear Jordi B,

First of all we would like to thank you for staying with us at the Ramada Hotel & Suítes Jardins São Paulo and for taking the time to write your review concerning your stay.

We appreciate your comments and hope to have the opportunity to host you again soon.

Cristiano Oliveira

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Peresvet
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Hotel is very good located, near Avenida Paulista, close to metro station. It took me about 1.5 hours to get to and from Guaruhlos airport by public transport. Hotel is clean, although not luxurious. Considering the price i payed , it was quite a deal for me. I liked breakfast - delicious buffet, including hot meal and fruits. Friendly reception staff, quick check-out. What i did not like was a total mess at check-in. The room was not ready at due time and we had to wait and remind to staff about our presence in the lobby. Later , passing some times the lobby i observed guests waiting in a queue to be checked in. It seems to me that in this matter staff is not quite effective. Apart from that everything was ok and my stay was successful there.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Aleksandr550,

Thank you for sharing your impressions with the other travelers of Tripadvisor.

As a great contributor,i can see you have the opportunity to experience many stays in many different hotels.

Some of the points you mention are challenges we are improving in the hotel.

Thank you for sharing you impression. I will forward it to the quality team to be considered. We always have room for improvement.

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

Staying in Sao Paulo is seriously expensive; and this hotel is very well locted, and perfectly functional if un-glamorous. There are no frills, but the beds are large and comfortable, the rooms clean, safe and quiet enough to sleep in; and the bathrooms get you clean and dry (but watch out any cats in case you get swung). The breakfast leaves something to be desired, but Starbucks is close by!

I have stayed in many hotels in Sao Paulo and this is the best value for money I have come across so far.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Cristian0O, Gerente geral at Capcana Hotel Sao Paulo Jardins, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
Dear Londontraveller1971,

midlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

The rooms are quite small but adequate. there is internet throughout the hotel which is free but, when i was there, did not work on all floors. also the aircon in my room did not work so changed rooms. The hotel is rather shabby is is some way past a make-over. but it is clean and the staff are friendly although with limited English. the breakfast buffet is good. This is a hotel to use and then forget but may attract you because of the price. get a higher floor to avoid excessive traffic noise. The hotel boasts a spa which out of curiosity I visited. It's basically a room for some treatments but I doubt if anyone will use it as it's hard to find and very shabby.

Room Tip: higher floor
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Cristiano O, Gerente geral at Capcana Hotel Sao Paulo Jardins, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Dear Martyn,

Thank you for sharing your impressions with the other travelers of Tripadvisor.

Some of the points you mention are challenges we are improving in the hotel.

buenos aires
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

The hotel is nice, very good located, but, always is a but, when you want to change money, they do not change....I asked to the recepcionist to help me as I need to take a taxi that will cost 15R$, BUT he was not nice,,, After 15mnts discussion he sent the door man to a change office to change money for me. I want to emphasize that I have movility problems, otherwise I could go by my self. The room was clean and big, the bathroom is OK and has hairdryer, plasma TV and 2x2 bed, Good price.The hotel has one elevator only...

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Dear guest,

Thank your for your review and feedback. We take these comments very seriously and would like to let you know that we have a refresh of our rooms scheduled and that very soon we wiil be able to offer upgrade rooms to our valued guests.

I would like to take this opportunity to tell you about our meeting rooms, which include Wi-Fi internet access to the rate. The metting rooms have been designed to offer the best value for customers travelling on business.

I hope we can welcome you back to our hotel if your travel plans bring you back to the city!

Belo Horizonte, MG
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

I arrived at this hotel late at night in January, after spending a whole day at work in Rio. I had left Belo Horizonte, went to Rio, then to SP, so I was tired. As soon as I arrived at this hotel, which I thought it was a Blue Tree, it was a Ramada. So far no problem. When I got into the room, it as large, but the entry hall was dark, I could hear people talking downstairs and on the street. I thought the windows sucked. They were old and I could hear everything outside. I was tired...The recepcionist was alright, but it was a bit messy downstairs.
The bed seemed good to me, but the noise was annoying. I got in a bad humor, it was almost 11 pm...I left the hotel, hopped in a cab and left to a Mercure in the other corner of Paulista avenue.
Probably this hotel was not as bad as I pictured, I think it was under reforms,but maybe it is better now, I don't know.
The dark halls really bothered me and the noise. I cannot evaluate the service as I left before I required it.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Cristiano O, Gerente geral at Capcana Hotel Sao Paulo Jardins, responded to this review, July 27, 2012
Dear DeMarco10,

Thank you for sharing your impressions with the other travelers of Tripdvisor.

As a senior contributor I can see you have the opportunity to experience many stays in many different hotels.

I am truly concerned about your comment, Even though we seek to offer perfection to our guests when don’t want to loose the warmth of the hospitality spirit.

Some of the points you mention are challenges we are improving in the hotel, dark halls for example.

Thank you for sharing you impression. I will forward it to the quality team to be considered. We believe that training must be a constant. We always have room for improvement.

You review will help us with this improvement.

Thank you once again for you comments. We hope to have you back to our hotel.

Brasilia-DF
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

PS: I stayed in a Deluxe Double Room...

PROS:
- Location: behind "Avenida Paulista" and the "Brig. Luis Antonio" metro station, easy access to main interest points and to Congonhas Airport. Sorrounded by bars and restaurants. Walking distance from MASP, Starbucks and Patio Paulista Mall.
- New furniture and beds in the room. King size beds are really comfortable. Good space in the Deluxe room. Room is well cleaned.
- Free wi-fi internet
- Outstanding continental breakfest! (Above the average of similar Hotels): 4 types of fruits, 2 natural juices, fruit salad, breads, cakes, "cheese bread", ham, cheese, bacon and eggs, fresh made omellete, tea, coffee...
- Staff is excellent!

CONS:
- Deficient acoustic insulation, so if you have a room facing Av. Paulista you may find noisy in the morning due traffic. If you face Al. Santos street, there is noise from the bars untill 11 - 12pm.
- Cable TV is bad. Only a few paid channels (like CNN, and more 6 nationals), the others are opened channels or those "selling" channels.
- Furniture design (in white collor) gives an impression of unrefined room.
- Only one social elevator, so in bussines day it may be difficult to reach the lobby.
- There is no space in front of the hotel for embark/disembark. Taxis are located in the other direction, so it may be difficult to get one in rush hours (but the lobby can ask one for you)
- General facility (common areas) is a little bit old, as you can see in the corridors and in the floor. But well mantained.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Bruno G, General Manager at Capcana Hotel Sao Paulo Jardins, responded to this review, May 19, 2012
Dear Dinho,

Ramada Hotel & Suítes Jardins São Paulo

Been to Capcana Hotel Sao Paulo Jardins? Share your experiences!