“Enjoyable!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Julio Prestes Cultural Center - Sala Sao Paulo

The Julio Prestes Cultural Center - Sala Sao Paulo
Praca Julio Prestes, 16, Sao Paulo, State of Sao Paulo 01218-020, Brazil (Centro Historico)
+55 (11)3367-9500
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 298 Attractions in Sao Paulo
Type: Civic Centers, Cultural
New York
“Enjoyable!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2014

Definitely enjoyed the time here. Fantastic programs with nice atmosphere. a must do when you in Sao Paulo.

Visited September 2014

• Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
12 attraction reviews
“Impeccable concert hall!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2014

This venue is considered one of the best in the world and I agree with this definition! Good parking, perfect halls all around to circulate, great gift shop, restaurant, bar, impeccable facilities! The concert hall itself is amazeing and the whole building was transformed from the grand early 20th century massive train station into a centre of excellence for classical music and the home for the São Paulo Orquestra. I was very lucky to be invited to a box to the first of only two concerts by Philippe Jaroussky! This was the most incredible way to be introduced to this umbeliveble place!

Visited November 2014
Sao Paulo, SP
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2014

The only place in São Paulo with such an atmospherre for classical music with varied programs and real lovers.

Visited May 2014
Geneva, Switzerland
6 attraction reviews
“a fantatic experiance”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2014

Definitely the best Sala in San Paulo. The welcoming is great and great program. If you ever have some times to spend in San Paulo you should go there. Need a reservation.

Visited October 2014
Campinas, SP
35 attraction reviews
“Unless you are going for an actual concert, skip!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2014

My family lives in Campinas, about 1.5 hours north of Sao Paulo. We brought my husbands family here and it turned into a disaster. When we first drove up we saw the most horrible sight I have seen: about 150 homeless people with makeshift homes, mattresses on the street, sleeping or openly smoking crack pipes in the middle of the day. While cops were monitoring!! I guess they only care if something gets dangerous for other people. When we got out of the car I was hit with the worst smell I've ever smelt in my life. There were pools of human pee and feces everywhere. I've gone traveled on trains in Thailand, lived through Carnival in Brazil and I have never smelt such an overwhelming stench of human excrement.

When we finally got to the entrance we learned that the train station is in the same building, I'm not sure how this sounds during concerts?? We tried to get inside but were denied entry because there was going to be a concert later that day. 6 hours later!! I speak Portuguese and even tried to pay the full amount and said we would be out in 30 minutes but they still refused.

Unless you are going for an actual concert I say skip this. The outside is horrendously disgusting with all the homeless people near the train station, and apparently unless you have tickets to a concert you will not be allowed inside during a concert day even if the concert is 6 hours later.

Visited October 2014