“Amex not accepted - food ok” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Ravioli Cucina Casalinga

Ravioli Cucina Casalinga
Rua Joaquim Antunes, 197 | Jardim Paulistano, Sao Paulo, State of Sao Paulo, Brazil (Jardins)
Improve this listing
Ranked #3,171 of 26,590 Restaurants in Sao Paulo
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Jardins
Moscow, Russia
“Amex not accepted - food ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

Just by coincidence, while I inspected one of the top 50 restaurants of the world across the street, I saw this little italian restaurant in Sao Paulo.
Prices are indeed high, but the bill was correct, and, hey, if the food us ok, who cares about the bill! Good wine selection... I paid just below BRL 300 for 2 including wine...

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Prague, Czech Republic
“Good pasta, cold atmosphere, high prices”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Having been invited by business partners, I found the food to be quite good, both pasta and the dessert, also the wine I had was actually quite good, albeit the prices are on the high side even for Sao Paulo. Attention in the beginning with the starters, some of those may fill you up enough to the point of not wanting any entree. The restaurant was empty though at rush hour,which is a sign "per se"; moreover it lacked any charm. As our party spoke portuguese, we were (apparently) not subject to any scam attempt so I all in all I was not disappointed, yet I am unlikely to become their regular guest either.

• Visited June 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Bogota, Colombia
“Beware the Bill (conta)”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2012

The food was okay. The restaurant is cold and does not have much atmosphere. At the end, they tried to charge our table 100 R more. They charged all of the drinks extra- 7 more orange juices, 3 more coffees, and two more bottles of water. I don't know if that is the norm, but the way the handled the situation was not professional. I will not be going to that restaurant again.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Sao Paulo, SP
“They tried to charge us DOUBLE because we spoke English”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2012

Food was just ok (except the ravioli, yuck!), nice ambiance, dumb waiters (but that's normal)

BUT the bill came and it was over 300 reais with a bunch of extra stuff we didn't order, when we refused to pay it they tried to argue with us (they didn't know that despite speaking English to each other we speak perfect Portuguese) They finally took off all of the random stuff we didn't order and the bill ended up being 200. They tried to charge us 50% more than our bill. They were not apologetic and continued being rude after trying to rob us blind. Worse thing ever, AVOID!

• Visited March 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Curitiba
“Didn´t have the chane too eat...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2011

I went to this place for a late lunch.I was really hungry and the waitress asked me if I wanted the "couvert", appetizer and we said yes...so the brought us four items of "Starters Menu", and we tought is was all included.As a result we gave up eating because we're satisfied...Of course they charged us for evrything and we had a ver expensive snack....If you go there be sure of the prices of everything!!Hope the food is better then the service!

• Visited March 2011