“Great please for an informal dinner” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Adega Santiago

Adega Santiago
Sampaio Vidal 1072, Sao Paulo, State of Sao Paulo 0144001, Brazil (Pinheiros)
11.3081-5211
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Neighborhood: Pinheiros
Cologne, Germany
“Great please for an informal dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013 via mobile

They serve good quality Spanish food from Jamon(ham) Serrano to Pulpo (octopus) a la Gallega, they have an excellent selection of wines and their service is pretty good

• Visited May 2013

94% Recommend
Sao Paulo, SP
“Excellent Jamon!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Last Friday night my girlfriend and I decided to check out Adega Santiago. It is located in Pinheiros along a quiet residential side street. We went without reservations and although the restaurant was very busy, we were able to be seated at a table immediately. Since this was a Spanish restaurant, I had my eyes set on a plate of jamon Serrano. It was priced at R$ 45 for 100g. Jamon Iberico (R$ 65) was also on the menu, but I felt I would be completely satisfied with just the Serrano. We also ordered a Prato de Iberico (R$ 45) which consisted of an assortment of cheeses and meats and topped everything off with some mojitos.

We initially thought we would split an entrée after the starters, but after they arrived we realized that would not be necessary. The two starters looked amazing and came with an endless supply of bread. I was in heaven and devoured everything on the table. We decided to order some batata rusticos (R$ 14) to add some carbs to the meal. These were roasted and seasoned perfectly and were an excellent complement to our protein centric starters. We finished the meal off by sharing the cheesecake special and a beer for myself.

The meal was perfect. No doubts about it. I would go back here in a heartbeat. The venue was wide open and cozy. It was a little loud, but everyone was having a great time and enjoying their meals. The service was attentive and our food came out very quickly. My only issue was with the amount of head on the beer, but that is a Brazilian thing, so I can not fault the restaurant for that.

You can read more of my reviews at www.iamlatam.com

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Sao Paulo, SP
“Tampas & Wine, and your done!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

Make reservations, it is not big, but very good. Excellent service and although the plates are great, we usually end up with tamps and a bottle of wine for a great dining out experience.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Sunny Isles Beach, Florida
“Great restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

Just had a wonderful dinner in Adega Santdiago Restaurant. The ambiance is hip and lively. Food is outstanding. We had gamba (shrimp) in garlic sauce and calamari with tomatoes sauce and a excellent bottle of Spanish Cabarnet. The service was attentive and they had English speaking staff, we left feeling satisfied and we defiantly intend to return back to this place.

• Visited March 2013
Melbourne, Australia
“Top Iberian restaurant in Cadida Jardim”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013 via mobile

Shopping in Cadida Jardim my family and I were told by a local that any of the 4th floor restaurants here were exceptional.
We were seated upstairs at the contemporary Adgega Satiago with views of the the downtown skyline.

The waiters here were so helpful and patient with our non-Portuguese. Once the host realized we were English speaking he made sure the staff who looked after us were all aware and they were very helpful with menu translations.

The food was overall well presented and flavoursome. The stand out dishes being the Riso Rice with mixed seafood and the Flaked Cod. For dessert we couldn't go past a serve of their highly recommended Churros with caramel sauce and I had a really delicious Torte de Santiago.

• 4 of 5 stars Food