“A little pricey, yet a great restaurant” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian, French, Mediterranean, Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Doing business
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Queretaro, Mexico
“A little pricey, yet a great restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

I found out this restaurant was founded about 42 years ago. Located in an upscale neighborhood of Sao Paulo, this place offers a great lunch/dining experience (French-Italian). Rather than tourists, this restaurant seems to be mainly visited by local hi-end families. The place is maintained in excellent shape, offering a sober, yet cozzy atmosphere (and yes, I agree with other reviewers as it may be a great romantic option too). I liked the menu that was not overwhelmingly long, with a good variety of dishes. Staff service is excellent and they seem to have enough or more than enough personnel to assit immediately.

Meal portions come in at the right size (not large - not small). I ordered the Sea Food Risotto, and it was delicious. I felt prices to be a little on the high side, even for Sao Paulo. Expect to pay around 75 USD per person for 1 main course w/ dessert and coffee (no alcoholic beverages). I took half a star out because of this.

The other half star I took out is due to the fact that, when I asked for the check, the waiter asked me if I had my car at the parking lot. I got there by taxi, so I said I didn't have a car with me. Yet, the account came in with a 10 USD charge for parking. In no way I think the restaurant wanted to purposedly make a charge hoping I didn't notice, but I would definitely expect the waiter to verify the check before bringing it in, especially after he had especifically asked about parking.

Anyway, all to all, I would definitely recomend this restaurant, just bear in mind it is a little pricey.

PS: Wit this being a formal place, not a lot of small children were present.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“The best in Itaim”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

French-italian restaurant, high level place, 5 star cuisine, created and owned by a Brazilian restauranteur known to be one of the best (he also owns Bar des Arts.). It is a place that is not visited by new-riches, it is really a traditional place,the kind where the clients arrive in cars with drivers. The food is obviously superb, but of course, it it an very expensive restaurant, be aware of that.

Sao Paulo, SP
“Elegance!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

Nice atmosphere, quality and location (located in one of the most elegant areas of sao Paulo) .
The ratio quality/price is excelent!

Visited September 2012
“Our number one in São Paulo”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Well I chose this place during lunch in its veranda to ask my wife to commit with our relationship. I believe It´s the most romantic atmosphere in town and the food is magnificent.
They have ravioli pasta green and yellow with truffles olive that you have to try. Or better. To share with the one you really love…

Visited August 2012
Sao Paulo, SP
“Excelent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

Very nice restaurant with a nice and receptable enviroment. Food is one of the best in the country!!!

• Visited January 2012