This Marriott is about a 8-10 minute shuttle bus ride away from the International Terminal of Guarulhos airport. We decided to stay the night here because of a 6am flight to Panama.
The shuttle bus is outside of the Guarulhos terminal and the pick up location is on the road island outside the arrival/luggage hall. The bus stops at each terminal and waits for a couple of minutes before continuing to the next stop. I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the shuttle bus and also the quality of the driver. He took pains to get down from the shuttle and help to carry our bags onboard the shuttle.
The Marriott property is certainly a little worn around the edges and could do with some refreshing/modernization. When I arrived at the property, their computer system was down. The room was done up in the standard reds and browns of the Marriott group and would have benefited with some new paint/wallpaper.
I was pleased however with how clean the room was. Carpets in the room were nicely vacuumed and the room had a pleasant lingering light scent of cleaning chemicals and the surfaces were wiped down and dustless.
I was pleased that there was an in-room safe, which is not standard in all Brazil hotels. In a place like Brazil where crime is high, I prefer to be able to lock my valuables away in the safe(see attached photo).
The property does have a large gym that has a good range of cardio and weight equipment. They also have a set of Pilates equipment there for personal training sessions.
Since I had an early morning flight, I was pleasantly surprised by the complimentary breakfast selection that they left out for early morning travelers(see photo attached), so I managed to catch a bite before I left for my early flight.
My sole complaint about this property is the BRL25 that guests have to pay to use the Internet in their rooms. Having traveled extensively across Brazil, this is the first hotel that I have had to pay for Internet access. The hotel does have free wifi in the lobby, but having to pay for Internet was certainly something I did not expect, and was a downer in an otherwise pleasant visit.
This property is a great option if you don't want to brave the 1.5 hour journey downtown. Sao Paolo has some of the worst traffic in the world, and it sometimes take 3 hours to get into downtown Sao Paolo. Am really glad to have discovered this hotel.
If you have found this review to be helpful, please indicate. Thank you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- O Sao Paulo Airport Marriott Hotel esta localizado a apenas 5 minutos do Aeroporto Internacional de Sao Paulo (o maior da America Latina). O Hotel combina a funcionalidade de um hotel de aeroporto com a qualidade e servicos de uma rede lider em hospitalidade. Transfer gratuito Aeroporto -hotel - Aeroporto. Tanto para viagens a negocios como a lazer, o Sao Paulo Airport Marriott Hotel atende de forma privilegiada com seus 315 apartamentos e suites sofisticados e confortaveis, alem da tecnologia necessaria para os executivos que viajam a negocios. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Marriott, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Sao Paulo Airport Marriott Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Sao Paulo Airport
- Marriott Guarulhos
- Guarulhos Marriott
- Sao Paulo Airport Marriott Hotel Guarulhos