“Meat lovers” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Restaurante Libertango

Restaurante Libertango
Av. Jose Manoel Goncalves, 160 - Vila Capivari | Atras Da Igreja Sao Benedito, Campos Do Jordao, State of Sao Paulo 12460-000, Brazil
+55 12 3663-6218
Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Steakhouse, International, Grill, Argentinean
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: In the Argentinean Steakhouse business since 2005, the Serodio Family brings to Campos do Jordao the Libertango Restaurant, specialized in meat cuts till Argentine wines and desserts, recreating all the beauty of the famous capital of Buenos Aires
“Meat lovers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

My husband and I certainly had to see what this little restaurant was all about since it was the number 1, on the tripadvisor list. And we were right to go there. First the welcoming from the waiters, setting us to a perfect table, helping us choose the best from the wine and beer menu, the cook (restaurant owner - substituting his father) did an excellent job with our meat. He was very friendly, joked with everyone on the tables and asked how was everything and if it was anything that he could do to make our meal more pleasant. Looking for a good meat, this is the place!!!

Visited July 2013

• Korean first
Vienna, Austria
“Service + great meat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

I won't repeat how good were the meat we had there. Argentinian or "Avarense", the meat is great! However I agree with some posts, it's pricey though. What really made the difference for me was the attention and friendliness from the owners, the assadores themselves!

Visited July 2013
New York City, New York
“Great Meal, Great Service, What Else Could You Want?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

The family that runs Restaurante Libertango are so welcoming and inviting - it elevated the experience of eating there to a whole new level. But yes, the steaks are solid and the sides even more so - they have a mashed green apple side and set aside your doubts, it is Wonderful!

• Visited April 2013
Sao Paulo
“Best meat ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

I’ve been to Argentina and Uruguay recently and I have tried their top-notch meat and barbecue, but I have to say that the meat I had in Libertango was the best I ever had! I had excellent meat in both South American countries, but Libertango took it to another level! Simply amazing!

I also had one of the best pastas of my life there! The tomato sauce had the perfect consistency and flavor.

Their “chimirruchi” is also delicious!!
Some people can say that the food doesn’t have enough salt, but to me that’s perfect if you really want to savoir the food’s true taste. You decided how much salt you want in your own food and you can add later.

Their chorizo is also very good!

Service is extremely friendly and polite, and the owners are the ones running it, always trying to do their best to please the customer.

Libertango is a must in Campos do Jordão!

• Visited July 2013
Würzburg, Bayern, Germany
“Steakhouse extraordinaire”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

While the sides were good to, the amount and quality of the beef was, without doubt, top of its class. Grilled to perfection in front of the guest, on an in house asador the full potential of south american beef is demonstrated. Even though it's a bit pricey I would not hesitate to go there every time I'm in town. Staff is well trained and the open hearted owners will gladly have a chat with you - even in english which is not too common in brazil.

• Visited May 2013