This hotel was chosen for guest of the bride and groom- wedding I attended, and by far this was the best hotel that I experience during my trip to Brazil.
The first 3 hotels I stayed in was recommended by the travel company SouthAmerica.travel and was part of a tour. This hotel was not part of that arrangement, and was an upscale from the ones I stayed in during my visit to Rio, Iguacu and Salvador.
First the decor and size is beautiful, and aesthetically pleasing to the eyes. Standard room with 2 twin beds. Note breakfast was not included and was a cost of 20 reals per person. The staff were well versed in english, had no problem communicating with any of them, even the man that carried our luggage to our room spoke some english, which I was not expecting him to do so.
The area where the hotel is located is close to restaurants, and a nice size supermarket is in walking distance. The supermarket had a lot of gourmet food, a nice variety of fruits, and hot prepared food too - great to get breakfast or lunch and stay on a budget.
The hotel is approximately 1 1/2 hour or so from the airport, and shopping mall is approximately 15 mins via taxi. There are no activity for teens or younger children except for the mall. Transport to and from the airport was arranged by the family of the bride.
On the CO floor you will find an indoor pool - which is small, a gym and sauna. This area that is not spread out, therefore it appears compact.
Regarding the internet. There is an option of 512mbps, 1 mbps or 2 mbps for a cost of 10 reals, 12 reals or 15 reals per 24 hour, and the beauty of this is that you can attach multiple devices unlike any other hotel I stayed during my stay. So thank goodness, my son was able to log on to the wifi with his iphone and converse very skype and text to his friend. I purchased the 1 mbps which when watching videos had some lag time. Internet speed in Brazil is not that great, in comparison, my internet speed at home ranges from 10 - 30 depending how far I am away from the moden, You can check you speed at www.Speedtest.net
Overall, pleasant stay. Only down side is that you have to pay for internet service and breakfast was not included.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Palm Tower is a sophisticated place designed to provide you with everything you need to optimize your work and everything you want to relax with the best cost/benefit ratio.The hotel mixes business with pleasure: the services in the city’s downtown and a wonderful view of the palm trees in the historic Praça Carlos Gomes, one of Campinas’ major attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Tingo, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL and Otel so you can book your Royal Palm Tower reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Palm Tower Hotel Campinas
- Royal Palm Tower Campinas, Brazil