“So new my GPS did not know it was there!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Vitoria Hotel Concept Campinas

You added Vitoria Hotel Concept Campinas to your Saves list
Vitoria Hotel Concept Campinas
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Avenida Jose de Souza Campos 425 | Bairro Cambui, Campinas, State of Sao Paulo 13025-320, Brazil   |
Ranked #6 of 32 Hotels in Campinas
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersBronze level
finger lakes NY
“So new my GPS did not know it was there!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

I'd downloaded new Brazil maps in early May, but the Vitoria in Campinas was not yet finished then, and it is not on my GPS. So yes, it is a new property, I stayed there this week.

I rated it AVERAGE, IF there was a mid-way between Average & Very Good, I'd have chosen that instead.

The details: This was a one-night stay, so I can only speak to that one experience. Check in was easy even though the lobby was packed, the room on 1st impression was VERY NICE. One big plus, in my opinion, is having either a couch or comfortable chair in a hotel room. I get VERY TIRED of spending my evening propped on a nest of pillows on the bed. The room at the Vitoria had both a nice comfortable couch and also two comfortable looking chairs at the table in the toom.

The bed was very comfortable, and even though the room faced onto a busy street, it was QUIET.

Only one of the hotel's restaurants was open, Bellini, recommended to me as the best Italian around. OK, they are NOT the best Italian in the neighborhood, I've eaten at better. And the price was high, I thought. A cover for a plate of veggies (not mentioned in the menu) and bread, (not atypical for Rome, by the way) and what were to me high priced menu choices. I opted for a Capresse salad, but forgot it is winter in Brazil and the tomatos were hard and tasteless. Gnochi with Osso Bucco was tasty but not the best ever.

Breakfast was packed when I arrived at ~7:00; I went back to my room and returned at 7:30 and had no trouble finding a table.

Check out was as painless as check in.

Likely I'd return there, but just as likely I'd return to the TRYP a few blocks away.

Room Tip: This is a new property, I think. As they season the staff and the property, evaluations will likely...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Korean first
Sao Paulo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

We had a positive experience in this hotel during the weekend. Nice and comfortable room, well located, good restaurants available in the region.

Cons: SPA and hot swimming pool were closed on sunday. I did not like their external infrastructure (swimming pool). Breakfast is too simple for an expensive hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012 via mobile

It is a nice hotel, the people are friendly and it's located near to good restaurants (German, Spanish, etc.). The room was small and the TV offered digital cable but a lot of the channels were out of service. Food inside the hotel were just good, nothing different. I will be back by the end of the year and could be a possibility to stay again.

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Minneapolis, MN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

Attended a four day business meeting at this property and was very pleased. I have been to Sao Paulo a number of times, but this was my first visit to Campinas. (Note - it is still the same congested trip to and from the airport. Each one took 1.5 to 2 hours.) Hotel was clean with very nice sized room and very pleasant staff. Based on my other stays in Brazil, I do not assume that finding English speaking staff will be a given. I had no problems while at the Vitoria. Due to the size of our group, our dinners were all arranged offsite, but both breakfast (individually at the hotel) and group lunches were at the Vitoria and the food was excellent. Finally, for business travelers, the property had a good space to accommodate four days of meetings with a group of about 30 people. The only negative I had is that the exercise area was placed right in the midst of the meeting area, with floor to ceiling windows, so it felt a bit exposed. It does have a spa, but I did not utilize while I was there. The surrounding area was pleasant and all in our group felt safe with walks to explore or go to local shops. Something that I was advised against doing on my stays in Sao Paulo. I would stay again if in the area.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Dallas, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

I like the hotel. Nice, clean, overall good. Bed might be hard for some. What I really did not like at all is that I have stayed here 4 or 5 times, I have recommended the place, people from my company have stayed here because I recommended it and yet, they charged me a half a day fee for early check in. I understand it is a business and I understand the early check in fee... however, having stayed here so many times and having brought business to them, I think it is totally wrong that they apply this fee to me. This shows a total lack of loyalty toward their customers. No business sense. Just because of this I will look for other options in my next trip to Campinas.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Casale Litta, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012

I found this hotel to be perfect for business travel with plenty of restaurants and a wonderful exercise area. Perhaps the only disappointment was that the hot tub was cold after I had pulled a muscle running. But it IS Brazil!

The park across the street is a wonderful backdrop to the trip and you can jog through it as well.

Room Tip: Avoid the smoking rooms (unless you smoke, of course). The smell is terrible.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012 via mobile

I stayed 3 nights at the hotel. It's quite nice, modern and not overly extravagant - but is clean, quiet and comfortable. My room didn't have a desk, which I would have preferred, but the small table area served acceptably for a business workspace. The room was a decent size, not too big, not too small and appointed well. The bathroom was a good size and modern decor. The WiFi and Internet access worked fine - perhaps just a bit slow.

My room didn't come with an Iron and Ironing Board, so I had to request one - which didn't come in time to use it my first day. The breakfast buffet and area is adequate. The staff is helpful. The restaurants connected to the hotel are somewhat expensive, but the two I tried were quite good. There are a large number of trendy Bistros, Bars and Restaurants within walking distance. The location across from a Park is good for taking a walk. The area appears to be fairly safe.

Stayed March 2012

Been to Vitoria Hotel Concept Campinas? Share your experiences!