“Very favorable impression” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Praia do Rosa

Praia do Rosa
Praia Do Rosa, Imbituba (Nao Fica Em Florianopolis), Florianopolis, State of Santa Catarina, Brazil
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #9 of 104 Attractions in Florianopolis
Type: Beaches, Outdoors
Activities: Surfing
Pilar
“Very favorable impression”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2009

In our first visit to Rosa as a family with 3 kids we were very favorably impressed by several features of this beautiful bay.
Mind we were there in January, high season, when it gets packed with an upper-middle class early 20's crowd from Argentina.
It wasn´t quite bothersome though since this was not the spring break types you find in other places such as Cancun, Florida etc. They were actually quite quiet and laidback especially at the beach i.e. were we met them.
Rosa is not entirely thought for families since most of the high end Pousadas and Guest houses cater for couples and there´s a lot of cheap lodging for young groups. Notwithstanding we manage to rent a cabin in Morada Nas Estrelas which was rustic but charmingly appropiate and with a wonderful view.
In high season there are plenty of options for dining.
The strenghts of this place are its landscape, and the luscious morros that rise behind the beach which is also beautiful.
We found it as a great place for surfing with classes from Capitao David a must for begginers and kids.
Try staying either on the beach (Fazenda Verde), in a place with down-hill access (Vida Sol y Mar) or in a place with boat access (Bucanero) since driving to the beach is not an option and walking up and down to the beach can get hard.

São Paulo
“Worst Place to go”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2009

I've gone to Praia do Rosa/SC in this Reveillon 2008/2009 and I can assure it was the worst travel I've already made in my whole life.

Imbituba City (where Praia do Rosa is located) is around 100km of the worst road in Brazil and doesn't have anything to do there.

Praia do Rosa, as well, doesn't have appropriated hotels, B&B, beach accessibility, markets, restaurants, bars, etc, as long as I waited for 3 hours for a French Potatoes aptizer and then the waiter told me that they have finished the portions. Even beers have finished in a Bar in front of the sea. Please, don't you ever go to Fazenda Verde or any restaurant in front of the sea in those beaches as long as they don't have appropriate services, higiene and products to sell. I've seen insects all over the places in the kitchens.

At night, get used to smell mariuanna cigarettes all over the city's bars and nightclubs. The services and accebility for thoses bars and restaurants are worst then in India, where I've already gone.

Get used, also, to get 18 hours by car to go there, as long as the traffic in those roads are terrible. People in Santa Catarina are not ready for provide a good service.

I felt starving because i didn't find a place to eat that deserved my money. For example, after looking for a place to eat I went to a Barbecue Restaurant and they told us that we couldn't have steaks and any kind of meals because the food had finished. Only sea food could be eaten. Another example, I needed to withdraw money and I had to drive for 1 hour to be able for it.

ANd the prices are too expensive for this kind of service. Please, there are a lot of excelent places to go in Brazil, like the Northeast, north, Rio de Janeiro and Noth Seashore of São Paulo. If you want to have, at least, a good travel, don't you go to Santa Catarina and Paraná. They don't deserve our money.

For surfing, I can assure that in Bahia there are better beaches to go. the water temperature in Santa Catarina is frozen. Rio de Janeiro or North Seashore of São Paulo are better.

Florianópolis is a totally differente city, which is located around 150km from Praia do Rosa (which is a beach in Imbituba's city). This data in this website is wrong.

Somerset, UK
“A magical place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2007

Praia da Rosa is located a few kilometres south of Garipoba, which is about an hour's drive south of Florianopolis. It is a stunning set of beaches, which are still relatively unspoilt. The town of Praia da Rosa is not a place for nightlife, although the locals told me it gets really busy in December to January and there are plenty of pousadas and restaurants which would support larger numbers than the few of us that were there in October.

However when we were there it was like paradise. - fantastic beaches, beautiful coastal scenery and great surfing. There are wonderful walks and the Fazenda Verde do Rosa has horseriding. I recommend this as a way to explore this fantastic coast and the hills behind.

We stayed at the Fazenda Verde do Rosa which was good value and highly commended, although it is not as ‘high end' as the Lonely Planet Guide says. It is situated on a bluff above the beach and is one of the few accommodations that has beach access. Fazenda Verde do Rosa has a charming beachside restaurant but it was not open in the evenings when we were there. The cabins are clean and comfortable with good bathrooms, veranda, lounge area, TV and (slow) internet.

We ended up in Praia da Rosa because we were so disappointed with Santa Catarina Island, which we thought was the pits. Do yourself a favour drive south to Praia da Rosa - you won't regret it.