“Good Safe and nice neighborhood” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cosmopolitan Master Palace Hotel

Save Saved
You added Cosmopolitan Master Palace Hotel to your Saves list
Cosmopolitan Master Palace Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Rua Felix da Cunha, 712, Porto Alegre, State of Rio Grande do Sul 90.570000, Brazil   |
Ranked #18 of 68 hotels in Porto Alegre
Whittier, North Carolina
“Good Safe and nice neighborhood”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

Excellent staff, very helpful and knowledgeable. At least one reception staff spoke English at each shift. Very convenient with free wifi and the use of computers. We had to switch rooms due to a noisy location but the staff was very efficiency and helpful in the move. Good location close to a very nice and safe neighborhood. Great breakfast selection of fresh fruits and pastries as well as the usual breads and meats. One block from the public buses. 3 blocks to many cafes, bars, and restaurants. Rooms are roomy with good amenities. Only problem was the room only had 220 volt outlets and they didn't have any converters available.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

156 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

The hotel is located in a traditional wealth part of the city, 5 blocks uphill to the Sheraton and the Parcão (Moinhos de Vento Park). It is a new hotel and you can see they are finishing the second part of the hotel. The staff are very courteous and helpful. I ask for a room with a view to the Guaiba River, which was nice that I could see the famous sunset of Porto Alegre with its incredible colors of blues and reds!! One problem with the hotel construction is that they have individual outside air conditioning equipment, but it was installed in the worst way I can imagine: the machine from one room is installed by the window of the room upstairs, and it is noise, actually loud and noisy. So, first two nights I was surprise how quite is the room, but at third one the noise started and took me sometime to figure out what is happening. So, I don't know if the tenth floor (actually is the first floor of rooms) is different because it may don't have any room under it. Another odd thing is the fact that you go from lobby to the 9th floor, as some times the power hoes off in the city I wonder how many people may get stuck in those long range elevators! They don't have gym installations nor any arrangements with nearby clubs.

Room Tip: Ask for room in the tenth floor facing the Guaiba river!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Sao Paulo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

Clean, new, reasonoble price, free internet for all your devices, pretty good breakfast and great location. We could walk to lovely bars and restaurants every night as we are spoilled for choice in the region.

Room Tip: recommend upgrade if you need more space.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

O cosmopolitan foi uma agradável surpresa. Resolvi sair dos hotéis onde geralmente ficava (centro antigo da cidade) e encontrar esse hotel valeu a pena.
Ele está localizado muito próximo da Padre Chagas, uma tradicional rua de bares e restaurantes.
Instalações modernas, Wi-fi com bom sinal, quarto espaçoso, Café da manhã bem variado, fácil acesso e acomodações agradáveis.
O preço é equivalente ao serviço: nao é barato comparado a outros hotéis, mas nem tão caro que o tire da qualificação.
Minha única observação é o valor da diária para estacionamento. Acredito que o valor está acima da média, e nao há justificativa para cobrança da quantia atual.
Analisando as qualificações dos demais usuários, acredito que o hotel fez melhorias e não encontrei os problemas relatados.
Se continuarem com o serviço neste nível, certamente voltarei a me hospedar.

(Sorry my poor english)
The cosmopolitan was a pleasant surprise. I decided to leave the hotel which was usually (old town) and find this hotel was worth it.
It is located very close to the Padre Chagas, a traditional street of bars, restaurants and Parks.
Modern facilities, Wi-fi with good reception, spacious room, breakfast very varied, accessible and pleasant accommodations.
The price is equivalent to the service: it is not cheap compared to other hotels, but not so expensive that take the qualification.
My only observation is the daily rate for parking. I believe that the value is above average, and no justification for not collecting the actual amount.
Analyzing the qualifications of other users, I believe that we did not find improvements and reported issues.
If they continue with the service at this level, I will certainly come back to stay.

Room Tip: Os quartos de casal são maiores que os com cama de solteiro.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

We stayed last weekend at this hotel and were well-impressed. The bed is reasonably comfortable, although not as firm as it might be. Management worked hard to make sure we were happy, even changing rooms for us when the queen-sized bed provided proved too small for two tired men. We changed to a room with twin beds, but no water view. Both rooms did have a good city view. I would like to have seen better towels. Also, the air-conditioning was hard to regulate and keep the room and bath evenly cooled. The restaurant is currently only open for breakfast and room service, but they do a good job at that. Count it as a plus or not, but on Saturday night the lobby seemed to be a gathering place for um, available women. (I did not confirm this, but some things are readily apparent.)

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Madrid, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I rarely give any hotel , 5 stars in a review. This hotel managed to get it for me. The reason is simple. Its a excellent property, well located, excellently serviced and very well priced as well!

About me : I am a world traveler and use 1-2 hotels every month world wide.

Lets go to the positives :

1. Very very modern looking room , almost like a studio apartment

2. Excellent bathroom. I hate bath tubs and this hotel does not have a bath tub. It has a shower with a cubicle. And it serves the purpose.

3. The bathroom has very good sunlight coming throughout the day, making it look very airy and fresh and not giving a dingy claustrophobic feeling.

4. The room it self had a excellent desk and chair with a connection for plugging the computer. Just perfect for a business traveler like me to do the paper work. The chair could be adjusted to various angles and I loved it. I did a lot of paper work sitting in the room and did not miss my home home or office!

5. Internet is something where most hotels fail! This hotel has a superb internet connection. Free of course with a splendid wi-fi. The best thing about it, was I could make skype calls easily using it. The connection never dropped and speed was high enough to aid a skype chat.

6. Its located in a very nice part of town. taxi are easily available. I never felt scared stepping out on the street.

7. Excellent service. The guys at the front desk are remarkable! I needed a taxi and they ordered it on phone and the taxi never came. So the manager himself went out on the street to hail a taxi for me! This is service!

8. Breakfast was adequate. The restaurant was very airy with lot of sunlight. perfect place for having a breakfast. The menu was not out of the world but adequate. Everyone wearing gloves, and everything looking super clean.

9. The bed in the room was very comfortable. Just what you need. No 100's of cushions on the bed, which I usually throw on the floor, in other hotels. Just two pillows and some extra pillows in the almirah. The comforter was not tucked in the bed making me having to pull it out while sleeping. The bed felt like ,as if I was at home!

10. I put a 'do not disturb' sign on my door. They honored it! Most hotels do not honor it. They call you several times, knock on yr door and insist on cleaning the room , almost as if they are suspicous of u. Not here. They left me alone with that sign on. Loved that!

11. I needed some printouts, that was done easly by sending them the pages on a email.

12. The room had a inbuilt safe.

13. They did not try to take my credit card like other hotels. i had a pre paid booking and they respected it.

14. Excellent Price - Just 120 us$ without breakfast on a weekday! I will say, I have seen lot of worse hotels asking for almost 280 us$ for a property like this!

15. I hardly watch TV. But watched CNN and the picture was crystal clear on a brand new samsung LCD.

16. Good powerful AC was available in the room.

17. The cupboard in the room were open type with no doors, I really liked the design. Much more easy to manage.

18. English speaking well trained staff on the front desk!

19. Huge alleyways and very bright lighting. Liked it.

20. Hot water in the shower. Its a must for me. I can not live without hot water. This hotel has lots of it and nice flow in the shower. Loved it.

The negatives : These negatives are so small, that you can ignore them. However, if the hotel management is reading it..Please take action!

1. No complimentary water bottle on arrival. A negative for me. As no traveler carried water with him and if he can get a complimentary bottle on arrival, its a big plus.

2. I was on 10th floor. I did not have any great view from my hotel. But I do not care!! I was there for work.

3. No ironboard and iron in the room. But laundry service is available.

4. No gym or swimming pool on the property. I do not care. I never use them anyway!

5. Heard some noise in the night time. Wish rooms were 'more' sound proof.

Thats about it. Will I return to stay here? Hell, yes! Highly recommended for business travelers on the go.

Room Tip: Avoid 10th floor. ask for a room on 15th floor and away from the elevator.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Punta del Este, Maldonado, Uruguay
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

A new hotel in Porto Alegre, but really a good choice. Nothing sofisticated, just what you need. Comfortable rooms and big bathroom. A good breakfast and a helpful staff. The internet works better than at home. In every room you have a router. The neighburhood is safe, some good restaurants around. Good location. In 15 minutes downtown and in 20 minutes at the airport. Had a nice view from the 12th floor! Good price!

Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Cosmopolitan Master Palace Hotel? Share your experiences!