“Wedding night” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Porto Alegre Hotel

You added Sheraton Porto Alegre Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Porto Alegre Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Rua Olavo Barreto Viana 18 | Moinhos de Vento, Porto Alegre, State of Rio Grande do Sul 90570-010, Brazil (Moinhos de Vento)   |
Ranked #4 of 74 Hotels in Porto Alegre
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Porto Alegre, RS
“Wedding night”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2010

Stayed there after my wedding, before heading the airport. Room service excellent, big suite, nice view of the park in front. Pricey, of course. Heard that there were 13 newly weds that night, so, we were comfortable, but not that original...

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Rio de Janeiro
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2010

I am writing in english in order to provide my opinion for all. This hotel is not a 5 star. I do not recomend it to Brazilian neither foreign travelers. I did stay in a Luxury room, wich is teorically "better" than the standard one. In summary: (i) the room is small, old and so simple as any other room of a 3 star hotel, (ii) the wall of the hallway on my floor was very very dirty, (iii) the breakfast is bad, with few options, (iv) the front desk guys are polite but the checkin starts only at 3 pm and I did have to wait from 12:30 to 3:15pm to go to my room. Mercure or Blue Tree may be better (and cheaper) options, but I´ve never been there.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2010

I stayed at this Sheraton and I thought it was quite nice. I was upgraded quickly on check in by the desk person who said they do upgrades for Starwood gold members. I had breakfast and it was good each day though a busy place. The view from my room was outstanding. The area is very upscale and the avenue out the front door is a pleasure for a stroll. Restaurants are up and down the avenue as are pubs. I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel and the area was especially pleasant. The city is fun to get out into. The market area downtown is full of deals, malls, etc. I will stay at the Sheraton if I visit the supplier there again. I would say this is the best Sheraton I have stayed at since the US locations are not usually this nice.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
america
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2010

This hotel is disgusting ! Looks like the carpets/furnishings haven't been cleaned ever ! I was afraid to touch anything in the room or walk on the carpet in my bare feet. Starwood should be ashamed to call this a "preferred" hotel. If you can stay in the lobby it would be better than booking a room

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Curitiba, Brazil
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2010

I went to this hotel last weekend with my family and we booked 3 rooms. Mine was a little nicer than the others, because it had been refurbished. The hotel itself is really beautiful from the outside and the lobby and the rooms are very big, but the service is awfull, specially the cleaning service.
After the first night, someone knocked in my door at 9 in the morning, wanting to clean. I said to come back later and I think she did, beacuse the bed was made and the towels changed, but the tub had not been cleaned, as well as the sink, that was realy dirty. She did not change the soap, that was full of body hair (really really groce) and did not put new toiletries (I wanted a new shower cap, but there wasnt. she had hanged the dirty one for me to use again!!!!!! Full of water and hair, groce!!!!!). The sink was wet and definitly had not been cleaned. The roof in the bathroom has the ink falling apart, it´s terrible.
The toiletries itself are terrible, they smell bad and have bad quality and the towels are the same theay have been using for ten years probably... very small, very thin and very, very old... I only used them because I had to.
In my sister´s room, they took one and a half day to put back things in the minibar that she had consumed.
The breakfast is just 'ok'. Probably a 3 star hotel woul offer similiar. However, the service in the breakfast room was very nice every day, as well as the front desk service, that was always nice to the guests.
The location is great, near everything that matters in the city, but the price is high for the quality they give you. would not come back.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2010

Rooms need maintenance, even plants in room seemed dead. Linen is old and short. Towels are small.
Pre paid reservations are somehow "not found" and they will charge you whatever they feel like, and of course, always well above your reservation rate.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2009

I have stayed in this hotel many times for business. The place is located within walking distance of some amazing restaurants and great shopping. There is also a mall adjacent to the mall with a movie theater and food court so you don't have to step outside the hotel Also, the hotel is located in the safest neighborhood in the city and allows you to really explore the surrounding area. The my only warning is to check your room bill. My colleagues and I are often charged for services not rendered. I once was charged for parking even though i've never had a car while in Brazil. I also been charged for phone calls I've never made. Otherwise, the hotel is a good place to stay on your visit.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business

Been to Sheraton Porto Alegre Hotel? Share your experiences!