My last moment at Casa Beleza for Rio Carnaval was swaying and dancing with Bindu, her family, and the other guests as a Super Mario bloco street parade passed by the villa, with drums beating and singing and hundreds in costume. With the airport taxi hovering around the corner, it was a goodbye party at its best! Staying at Casa Beleza, meeting Bindu, and experiencing Santa Teresa was one of the most fantastic experiences of my life. She is utter joy and a wonderful host and Casa Beleza is a grand 1930’s oasis tucked on top of a hill. We loved visiting the beach neighborhoods like Ipanema but sometimes they felt overrun and touristy, while this neighborhood-y neighborhood, Santa Teresa, of tropical villas, winding cobblestone streets, artists, and flowers, charmed us and it was a relief to go up the hill to our home away from home. We loved cooling off in the delicious pool dazzled by the lush garden and giant palm trees encircling us and the glamorous architecture of the villa. The staff could not be more lovely and the breakfast served in the garden more delicious with fresh juices, an abundance of fruits, and all sorts of cooked and baked delights. After the explosion of energy, bustle, and play of Carnaval in the city, we were entranced by the slow pace of the two turtles, Bob the friendly dog, and a troop of monkeys one afternoon. Our room was a cute and spacious hideaway with a circular iron staircase leading up. But in the end, it was Bindu who enthralled us with her humor, wit, and brilliance, always a font of knowledge about the city and its quirks, ready and able to fend off any crisis, and a talented filmmaker in her own right whose 101 Short Films About Rio are a captivating record of a place that stole our hearts.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Beleza Hotel
- Casa Beleza Hotel Rio De Janeiro
- Casa Beleza Rio De Janeiro, Brazil
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our B&B is in an exotic mansion in the heart of Santa Teresa, Rio's historic and cultural district. Guests have to share the tropical gardens with the 3 turtles, butterflies and small monkeys! We are close to all the city's main attractions and the district of Lapa with Rio's best music and nightlife. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with T4B so you can book your Casa Beleza reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.