Admit we booked late but were delighted to find this proprietor operated business.
( My view of sleep quality was altered by the carnaval taking place overnight so I slept during day.)
Teresa goes to endless trouble to ensure all her guests have a memorable stay. The hotel attracts people of a similar mindset with the result that many of the guests remain in touch via Facebook, even though from countries as remote from Brazil as Holland and America.
Our room faced Sugar Loaf in one direction, Christ The Redeemer in the other. Dawn rising over Sugar Loaf Mountain must be one of the world's most exotic views, while Christ The Redeemer statue is unique.
Situated high above Rio's beachside areas, the heat of the mid day sun is avoided while wildlife including butterflies, exotic birds and monkeys can be watched from the windows.
All this and staff who are friendly beyond the call of duty, and most of whom speak English.What more could one want?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa 579 is a stylish boutique guesthouse located in Santa Teresa, Rio de Janeiro. With excellent facilities and an amazing roof terrace with 180 degree views of Cristo Redentor, Sugar Loaf Mountain and Guanabara Bay, it makes the perfect place to stay to avoid the soulless high rise hotels of Copacabana and Ipanema and see the “real” Rio. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld, Expedia, HostelBookers and Tingo so you can book your Casa 579 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa 579 Hotel Rio De Janeiro
- Casa 579 Rio De Janeiro, Brazil