The place is located in Santa Teresa, which is up the hill from Lapa, in a beautiful residental area with an almost Mediterranean feel to it. Totally different from the messy Rio the cursory traveller gets to see. You need to take a bus, cab or tramway to get there, but it is definitely worth it. The view from the terrace is amazing. They have nicely decorated rooms and a very spacious dorm, which is pure luxury compared to the typical hostel dorm. Worth paying the little extra! I met great people there and made real friends. The staff is very helpful in organizing your stay. Great and cheap restaurant just around the corner, also with great views over downtown Rio, especially at night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa 579 is a stylish boutique guesthouse located in Santa Teresa, Rio de Janeiro. With excellent facilities and an amazing roof terrace with 180 degree views of Cristo Redentor, Sugar Loaf Mountain and Guanabara Bay, it makes the perfect place to stay to avoid the soulless high rise hotels of Copacabana and Ipanema and see the “real” Rio. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelBookers, HostelWorld, Tingo, Despegar.com, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Casa 579 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa 579 Hotel Rio De Janeiro
- Casa 579 Rio De Janeiro, Brazil