We stayed at Casa 579 for a couple of days in their private room.
Casa 579 is located in the quaint Santa Teresa neighborhood, a bit away from the touristy areas of Copacabana and Ipanema. However, transportation is quite accessible - you can catch a bus or kombi right outside, and a 10 minute ride down the hill takes you to the nearest metro station( Largo do Machado ). It is basically a charming house in a quiet neighborhood- so not too many shops/restaurants in the immediate vicinity, which could be a plus or minus depending on your point of view.
Our stay was quite comfortable. Teresa and the staff are quite helpful with directions/suggestions, and the taxi service they arranged to meet us at the airport was very useful. Breakfast was great. The house itself is nice- breathtaking views of both Corcovado and Sugarloaf mountain from the roof terrace. Some of the fixtures are a bit dated- we had a problem with the locks on our room, but to their credit, the staff resolved this as soon as possible, despite it being a Saturday night.
Overall, good value for money in Rio, and would definitely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa 579 is a stylish boutique guesthouse located in Santa Teresa, Rio de Janeiro. With excellent facilities and an amazing roof terrace with 180 degree views of Cristo Redentor, Sugar Loaf Mountain and Guanabara Bay, it makes the perfect place to stay to avoid the soulless high rise hotels of Copacabana and Ipanema and see the “real” Rio. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelBookers, HostelWorld, Tingo, Despegar.com, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Casa 579 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa 579 Hotel Rio De Janeiro
- Casa 579 Rio De Janeiro, Brazil