The terrace on the top floor is the HIGHLIGHT of the place offering the BEST views in Rio de Janeiro - the bay, Pao de Azucar & el Corcovado. You will also hear the AVE MARIA before morning mass at the -catholic church- down the hill, as well as the birds chirping in the morning mist.
Excellent service and helpful staff. Good and fresh breakfast including baked goods and juices. Very colorful decoration providing a welcoming feeling (no frills). Stayed in a private, spacious and comfortable room with a private bath, however, the bed was a bit hard. It is the place you need if you want to write, read or just collect your thoughts. One great feature is the refrigerator for guests to keep goodies or left overs.
Make sure you have the name of the streets to provide to taxi drivers, it is a bit difficult to find at night.
Teresa and the staff were most helpful in every aspect. Felt welcomed and safe at Casa 579.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa 579 is a stylish boutique guesthouse located in Santa Teresa, Rio de Janeiro. With excellent facilities and an amazing roof terrace with 180 degree views of Cristo Redentor, Sugar Loaf Mountain and Guanabara Bay, it makes the perfect place to stay to avoid the soulless high rise hotels of Copacabana and Ipanema and see the “real” Rio. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld, Expedia, HostelBookers and Tingo so you can book your Casa 579 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa 579 Hotel Rio De Janeiro
- Casa 579 Rio De Janeiro, Brazil