Casa 579 is situated in the hills, a delightful and pretty part of Rio. It is safe and secluded yet close to public transport. The famous Santa Teresa tram was out of operation while I was there and the bus was certainly an experience. Taxis are not expensive down the hill. High ivy walls, winding cobblestone streets and fabulous views add to its charm. Private rooms and dorms offer views and the Redeemer glows nearby. Drinks at sunset on the roof a must and see the bush monkeys who visit each morning for breakfast. I want to thank the young American woman who helped when I wasn't well. Staff here are very helpful! Lovely cafe at the top of the hill with splendid views over Rio at night - simply spectacular... I also stayed at the beach to see the best of both worlds. I love the hills
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa 579 is a stylish boutique guesthouse located in Santa Teresa, Rio de Janeiro. With excellent facilities and an amazing roof terrace with 180 degree views of Cristo Redentor, Sugar Loaf Mountain and Guanabara Bay, it makes the perfect place to stay to avoid the soulless high rise hotels of Copacabana and Ipanema and see the “real” Rio. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld, Expedia, HostelBookers and Tingo so you can book your Casa 579 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa 579 Hotel Rio De Janeiro
- Casa 579 Rio De Janeiro, Brazil