After a nice taxi ride along the winding road, we arrived at casa. Ring teh bell and dog barking, we were not sure if we were at teh right place but a staff pop her head on the porch and greet us. Clean room, great living room to hang out. Art decor were abundance around the house, take your time to discover them. Staffs are international and well knowledge of area and Rio. All the place I stay this place feel more human connection that most hostels. The staffs do volunteer work with kids in Santa Teresa..teaching music ( Rachel H), play etc..
Amazing Breakfast with a fantastic view,, Sugarloaf, Christ and favela Santa Teresa.
Terrace is another vantage point to admire the surrounding lush forest, Christ and sugarloaf..just take it all in.
We stayed only 1 night but we remembered the place for a long time.
Place a bit far from beach and center but reachable by metro and bus.
Terrace is under exploit. Could use as BBQ, bar lounge., breakfast area with background Bossa music.
Night time can use lighting mood and candle..but then we may feel like we staying at high end hotel..
Definitely a hostel to check out when you are in Rio. Do not miss this..
if you want to get closer to Jesus and a warm and great hospitality, Casa 579 is the place to be.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa 579 is a stylish boutique guesthouse located in Santa Teresa, Rio de Janeiro. With excellent facilities and an amazing roof terrace with 180 degree views of Cristo Redentor, Sugar Loaf Mountain and Guanabara Bay, it makes the perfect place to stay to avoid the soulless high rise hotels of Copacabana and Ipanema and see the “real” Rio. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelBookers, HostelWorld, Tingo, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Casa 579 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa 579 Hotel Rio De Janeiro
- Casa 579 Rio De Janeiro, Brazil