We stayed here during Carnival and was a great location particularly for the parties in Lapa. The hostel is clean and has a nice outdoor space and swimming pool great for cooling off. On the downside our room was in the basement and subsequently smelt a little damp. Our friends had one of the outside rooms that were not particularly good as they weren't as advertised on the website. The room was very small and did not have a proper toilet door (just a bamboo curtain) which isn't ideal for a twin room (unless you are VERY good friends)! Make sure you find out what room you are in beforehand,the ones in the main building on the 1st floor looked nice. Breakfast was good apart from the watered down juice which disappointed us every morning. Lunch however was very good if you want to eat in.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Mangomango Hotel Rio De Janeiro
- Casa Mangomango Hotel
- Casa MangoMango Rio De Janeiro, Brazil
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa MangoMango is one of the few places to stay in Rio where you can relax in a magnificent colonial, tropical setting and yet be right next to the best nightlife and activities this marvelous city offers. Set in a quaint cobbled street in the old part of the city, Santa Teresa, Casa MangoMango offers easy access both to beaches, forest and city. The house is on the the hundred-year old tram route, only ten minutes from the city centre. The house itself is a huge colonial mansion, guarded by two magnificent bi-centenarian mango trees. Hence the name, Casa MangoMango! Resplendent with original features, the house has been restored and decorated in funky, upbeat designs to cater for every taste. And outside, in the lovely, tropical gardens, there’s a cool pool too! Built by Julia Lopes, a Brazilian novelist, journalist, playwright, and lecturer, the house hosted many a sarau for the literati of the early 20th century. Today we try to keep her spirit alive by inviting local artists to display their work and employing local musicians on our multi-lingual staff. Our musical and artistic events may well be some of your best holiday memories in Brazil. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, HostelWorld, Travelocity and Venere so you can book your Casa MangoMango reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.