After some problems with accomodation in Rio, this place really made our stay. The staff are fantastic and it is a beautiful old place - Santa Theresa is a great neighbourhood. We stayed here three times during a trip to Brazil in different rooms and also the dorms. Very clean and incredible breakfasts. They also organise some great tours and provide very helpful advice on local restaurants/ngihtlife. We loved hanging out on the terrace in the evenings and met some very cool people.
If you are fussy, bear in mind though the house is old and has some issues - we only had hot water in the dorms, not the rooms. But it's worth overlooking those minor problems because this place is a real gem - and the prices (for Rio) are fantastic.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa MangoMango is one of the few places to stay in Rio where you can relax in a magnificent colonial, tropical setting and yet be right next to the best nightlife and activities this marvelous city offers. Set in a quaint cobbled street in the old part of the city, Santa Teresa, Casa MangoMango offers easy access both to beaches, forest and city. The house is on the the hundred-year old tram route, only ten minutes from the city centre. The house itself is a huge colonial mansion, guarded by two magnificent bi-centenarian mango trees. Hence the name, Casa MangoMango! Resplendent with original features, the house has been restored and decorated in funky, upbeat designs to cater for every taste. And outside, in the lovely, tropical gardens, there’s a cool pool too! Built by Julia Lopes, a Brazilian novelist, journalist, playwright, and lecturer, the house hosted many a sarau for the literati of the early 20th century. Today we try to keep her spirit alive by inviting local artists to display their work and employing local musicians on our multi-lingual staff. Our musical and artistic events may well be some of your best holiday memories in Brazil. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, HostelWorld, Expedia, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Casa MangoMango reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Mangomango Hotel Rio De Janeiro
- Casa MangoMango Rio De Janeiro, Brazil