The terrace is outstanding, taking in the view over breakfast and coffee - no better way to start the day - or a caipirinha - no better way to end a wonderful day. The room is charming and somewhat basic (I stayed in Samambaia) so is the bathroom facilities but I did enjoy it. Breakfast is fresh and tasty, not a lot to choose from but more than enough to kick-start your day.
Marco (the owner) is very helpful and friendly, and the other staff do their best to make you happy.
I stayed three nights at Castelinho38 and on my first day I thought I had chosen a far off neighbourhood to live in. But, Rio is so big that whatever part of the city you live in, you are bound to spend 20-30 minutes to get to an attraction. Santa Teresa comes across as a safe part of Rio to stay in, and that counts for a lot.”
- Also Known As:
- Castelinho38 Hotel Rio De Janeiro
- Castelinho38 Hotel
- Castelinho38 Rio De Janeiro, Brazil
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Castelinho38 is a real castle in Santa Teresa, Rio de Janeiro's bohemian neighborhood. With its friendly atmosphere and huge space, the castle is ideal for couples, families and groups. Each room has its own personality and is equipped with queen-size beds, hot shower and fans. Our exotic breakfast is served in a beautiful terrace with view of the centre of Rio. Our friendly staff is always available for travel advice and tips for day & night life. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Tingo, Travelocity and Venere so you can book your Castelinho38 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.