“A cruise cabin with good price in the middle of Rio” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Ibis Rio de Janeiro Centro

You added Ibis Rio de Janeiro Centro to your Saves list
Ibis Rio de Janeiro Centro
1.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Rua Silva Jardim No 32, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro 20050060, Brazil   |
Ranked #85 of 214 Hotels in Rio de Janeiro
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
“A cruise cabin with good price in the middle of Rio”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Well if you 've ever been in a Ibis Hotel room you may know, they're all the same for good and for bad. The room has not many amenities as the hotel has not, but the room is clean the cleaning is neat, and is a good cost-benefit. For those who are travelling without expecting much for the hotel amenites, or else if you're wantig to have a safe port to stay overnight while you spend the day walking attractions and sightseeing this is the choice.
But if you want a resort like hotel, get out here anf go for a higher class brand or even in the Accor chain a higher spec hotel go for Mercury or Sofitel class

Room Tip: Ibis Hotel Centro is a very good place if you want to be near the historic downtown Rio or near the...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
ibis R, Gerente geral at Ibis Rio de Janeiro Centro, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Dear Guest,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Ibis Rio de Janeiro - Centro. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

I will share your comments with our team.

Ibis Rio de Janeiro Centro

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Polish first
New Delhi, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

We got a pretty good Value there! We already stayed in several Ibis Hotels, so we did booked for this 2 Nights that Ibis Hotel. Fast Check In there. The Room was in the normal Ibis Design - basic - but clean and fully sufficient for that short Trip. As usually in Ibis Hotels, the Breakfast has also there a pretty good Standard. We also have been two times at the Bar and did get there a very friendly Service. Very centrally Location in Rio de Janeiro.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Minneapolis, MN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

If you need to be downtown in the business district, this is very convienent. There is not too much going on around here on the weekend though. There is one street a couple blocks behind the hotel with some bars, but many are closed on the weekend. Typical Ibis style hotel with clean rooms and standard buffet breakfast.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
ibis R, Gerente geral at Ibis Rio de Janeiro Centro, responded to this review, July 26, 2013

London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

This Ibis is in a groggy area of downtown Rio and is overpriced for what you get. Feels like I'm in a school dormitory. Rooms small and claustrophobic. You get the minimal with Ibis, and they act like they are doing you a favour. There is very little saving grace to this hotel, except saving a little money.Breakfast area was quite nice.

Stayed August 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Ibis Rio de Janeiro - Centro. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Ibis, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

After a few nights in a rather disappointing hotel onm the beach, I moved here as it was closer to the airport for my fairly early flight.

It's located very close to the Lapa viaduct and Lapa district which is a hotspot at weekends with plenty of bars and restaurants. As with many areas in Rio, you need to know where you're walking as some of the areas here are a little 'shady'.

Check-in was very quick, and I was given a room on a high floor. The lobby is standard IBIS, with a large bar/breakfast area on one side and the reception on the other.

Room was also standard IBIS, double bed, flat screen TV, and the usual bathroom pod in the corner. Wi-fi was free and the reception was quite good in my room.

I had breakfast included, and although the selction is slightly limited it wasn't too bad to start the day.

Check-out was a little slow, so I just dumped my key and ran as I didn't have time to hang around.

Overall, no problem with this place, typical IBIS standards and seeing as it cost less than a third of the very shaby place I stayed on the beach, I was very happy.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Washington DC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

I was in Rio for only one night and decided to not over spend on this trip and stayed at the Ibis hotel in Centro, I will tell you I should of stayed by the beach, the internet was spotty and I just never felt comfortable at night in this neighborhood even though there are great new restaurants.

I dont have anything bad to say about the hotel, it is a budget hotel and it met my basic needs a clean room and internet, which it had. The staff spoke English if that is important to you.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Paraty, RJ
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

A glaring example of how they operate is that the hotel number is to an answering machine only, and no one replies at the hotel email address. So if you, like me, need to get in contact directly with the hotel (in my case to try to retreive a forgotten item) - forget it !! This is in my view below the minimum acceptable of such an operation.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Hotel Ibis Rio de Janeiro Centro

Been to Ibis Rio de Janeiro Centro? Share your experiences!