We stayed at the Mar Palace during Carnival, after abandoning a wholly unsuitable hotel. Frankly, I am surprised that we got a room for four nights on such short notice. The room was large and comfortable, but on the front of the hotel's third floor, so the street noise was sometimes a bit much. The hotel staff were hugely friendly and helpful. For beach lovers the location is just two short blocks from the middle of Copacabana. There are some OK restaurants close by. The breakfast is extensive, with heaps of fruit, particularly good scrambled eggs and, not surprisingly, good coffee. All that said, if you go during Carnival, the Mar Palace, like every other hotel in Rio, jacks up their price by more than 200%. Still worth it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mar Hotel Copacabana Palace offers a great location in the heart of Copacabana, Rio de Janeiro. It is just 80m from the beach and 150 meters from the Metro station Siqueira Campos. In the lobby of the hotel, the restaurant offers a variety of dishes. The terrace has a pool and a bar, where we offer drinks and snacks in the evening. We have spacious and confortable apartments. Services of personal trainer are available at an exclusive area at Copacabana beach. Hotel Mar Palace is nationally known as the sports hotel! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Despegar.com, Expedia and Priceline so you can book your Hotel Mar Palace Copacabana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mar Palace Copacabana Hotel
- Hotel Mar Palace Copacabana Rio De Janeiro, Brazil