My husband and I recently traveled to Rio for a 5-night stay to attend a friend's wedding. I was 13 weeks pregnant at the time and worried about accommodations, etc. We were pleasantly surprised by how comfortable the Visconti is, and by what an incredible location it has. Our room was ample size, clean, and quiet. The bathroom had a nice shower with good water pressure, a reliable toilet, and plenty of counter space for all of our belongings. The bed was super comfortable and the AC was adjustable. The closet is large with plenty of storage for clothing and luggage. There was a mini-fridge that had room for drinks we purchased on our own. The TV was easy to use with many channels (many of which were English-speaking). The one thing we didn't have was a clock. There was an iPod dock that probably had time-keeping capability, but neither one of us could figure it out. We were on vacation so time really didn't matter anyway :)
We were on the "quiet" side of the building, so we had absolutely no noise each night. Occasionally, we heard honking or a siren from the road, but we are from NYC and this doesn't phase us!
The staff could not have been more accommodating! They spoke English and obviously care very much about the happiness of their guests.
I felt incredibly safe and secure the entire stay. I passed on dinner and drinks one night and stayed in alone, all the while feeling perfectly comfortable and safe.
The hotel is one block from the beach and one block from food, shopping, etc. It really couldn't be a better location!
This is not a big, fancy hotel. If you are looking for a big pool scene, this is not the place for you. If you are looking for cleanliness, dependable service, and great location, stay here!
I would stay here again should we ever return to Rio!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This 3-star hotel offers a great location in the heart of the Ipanema district, only one block from the beach and near some of the best restaurants and shopping areas of Rio de Janeiro. The Promenade Visconti Hotel offers a rich breakfast and internet access without any extra charge. Guests also have free access to an indoor pool, Jacuzzi, sauna and gym. The hotel features a restaurant, a bar and a coffee shop, offering regional and international food as well as the typical Brazilian coffee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Promenade Visconti reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Promenade Visconti Hotel Rio De Janeiro
- Promenade Visconti Rio De Janeiro, Brazil