“Perfect location for Ipanema Beach!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Promenade Visconti

You added Promenade Visconti to your Saves list
Promenade Visconti
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Prudente de Morais 1050 | Ipanema, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro 22420-042, Brazil (Lagoa)   |
Ranked #35 of 214 Hotels in Rio de Janeiro
New York City, New York
“Perfect location for Ipanema Beach!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

My husband and I recently traveled to Rio for a 5-night stay to attend a friend's wedding. I was 13 weeks pregnant at the time and worried about accommodations, etc. We were pleasantly surprised by how comfortable the Visconti is, and by what an incredible location it has. Our room was ample size, clean, and quiet. The bathroom had a nice shower with good water pressure, a reliable toilet, and plenty of counter space for all of our belongings. The bed was super comfortable and the AC was adjustable. The closet is large with plenty of storage for clothing and luggage. There was a mini-fridge that had room for drinks we purchased on our own. The TV was easy to use with many channels (many of which were English-speaking). The one thing we didn't have was a clock. There was an iPod dock that probably had time-keeping capability, but neither one of us could figure it out. We were on vacation so time really didn't matter anyway :)
We were on the "quiet" side of the building, so we had absolutely no noise each night. Occasionally, we heard honking or a siren from the road, but we are from NYC and this doesn't phase us!
The staff could not have been more accommodating! They spoke English and obviously care very much about the happiness of their guests.
I felt incredibly safe and secure the entire stay. I passed on dinner and drinks one night and stayed in alone, all the while feeling perfectly comfortable and safe.
The hotel is one block from the beach and one block from food, shopping, etc. It really couldn't be a better location!

This is not a big, fancy hotel. If you are looking for a big pool scene, this is not the place for you. If you are looking for cleanliness, dependable service, and great location, stay here!

I would stay here again should we ever return to Rio!

Room Tip: 104 B (or any A or B room) will keep you on the quiet side of the building.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

This is a great hotel for those who want to stay near Ipanema Beach. The hotel is a block from the beach and an easy walk from great restaurants and shopping. No need to bring beach towels, as the hotel will provide them for free. The staff at the front desk spoke English, which was helpful with our limited knowledge of Portuguese. Our room was clean and well maintained. We loved the balcony overlooking the streets of Ipanema. Breakfast consisted of breads, fresh fruit, meats and cheeses, yogurts, coffee, and juices. We felt very safe walking the streets around the hotel both during the day and at night. If I should be lucky enough to return to Rio someday, I would definitely stay here again!

NYC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

Overall, I'd say the hotel is top notch - as far as being well renovated and clean. It does have the feel of a business hotel so don't go there looking for a hip pool scene. The breakfast offering is fantastic! My only peeve was that I asked for a non smoking room on the quiet side of the building and the request was not honored upon check in. So the first night def. sucked. They moved us to the 4th floor the next day (and to the quiet side of the hotel) and we were very content. Apparently, all rooms on the first floor are smoking friendly. The other floors are non smoking (non smoking stickers are on the outside of each door) although I did stop on each floor out of curiosity and the 3rd floor reeked of cig. smoke. Two of the front desk staffers really stood out - Diego and Mauricio. The others were well suited for a business hotel (read not so enthusiastic). I would stay here again just for the breakfasts - just beware that if you are not a smoker .... confirm that you want to be on a higher floor.

Room Tip: Request a higher floor and on the quiet side of the hotel.
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Overall we had a great time at this hotel, the staff were friendly and helpful and it was located very close to the beach and many shops and restaurants.
There is a night club in the next street which encourages large numbers of people to spill into the street, drinking and singing until around 5am each night/morning. We asked to be moved to a quieter room; having been woken up two nights in a row, because of the noise. The staff were very apologetic and moved us.
The only complaint I had was that on the last day we checked out in the morning, but our flight was not until late evening. We were offered a place to shower and change, but this turned out to be the spar area, which had only cold showers and no private changing area.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms facing towards R. Maria Quitéria, as the people outside the night club are likely to kee...
NYC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

This was my second week back in Rio and the previous week I stayed at the Aporador Inn because it was cheaper. I learned my lesson so I spent a little (not much more) and stayed at the Visconti hotel.

It was in a perfect location 1 block from the best part of the beach in Ipanema and the hotel was extremely clean and welcoming. The room I stayed in was extremely spacious and when I noticed that the toilet had a leak, they immediately moved me to a new room which was even nicer. The breakfast so was delicious and fresh! Oh, and they were nice enough to suggest good places to go walk around because it was rainy the first day I arrived and they held my bags for me since my flight came in very early and left very late.

Next time I go back I'm staying there for sure because it was a good value for the excellent quality of service, cleanliness and proximity to the beach.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Bay Area
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We enjoyed our last days in Rio at this hotel. Very clean and the apartment style rooms were an excellent plus. It was 1 block from the beach and very safe. Easily could walk to restaurants, bars, and stores and enjoyed the spacious rooms. Great recommendation.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 3rd floor - was quiet and room was dark which helps to sleep in!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
DeptEcommerce, Manager E-commerce at Promenade Visconti, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Dear guest,

We are very happy to know that had a great experience in Promenade Visconti.

We will be happy to have again the opportunity to have you as our guest.

Graciously.
Pittsburgh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

we spent part of the week before Christmas in Rio, and the hotel and staff was one of my most favorite parts of the trip. Upon arriving the hotel lobby seems very clean and the hint of the aroma of fresh paint, and the front desk people all are pleasant and speak English very well. The room was tastefully decorated and well planned ( I am a designer ). The bathroom was large and well done in ceramic and granite.The bar where the girl from ipanema was written is a block down the street. The heart of the beach is a block away there are great stores , clubs all walking distance from here. The breakfast is amazing fresh juices and fruits that you only find in Brasil, like fresh pineapple mint juice and fresh orange and fresh papaya ( amazing ) the rest is worthy of a five star restaurant pastries and meats to fresh waffles. Also this place has the best hamburger in Brazil ( i am American i order burgers everywhere this one is hard to beat even by us standards ) Rio is an amazing and this place just makes it that much better.

Room Tip: Ask for ones that face the front they are very quiet. after all your in Rio and this city is a 24 hr...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Promenade Visconti? Share your experiences!