“Amazinggg!!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
“Amazinggg!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

This trip was the best thing i've ever did in my life! Me and my brother flew with Paulo and Marcos. They came and got us at our hotel, then we've practiced a couple times and then we flew 6 - 8 minutes because the wind wasn't good.. But the weather was amazing!!

Even when it's cloudy it's worth all penny of it. With cloudy weather you even stay longer in the air than with clear weather..

It was like flying as a eagle over the most beautiful city in the world. I certainly recommend it to everyone who is in Rio and is not afraid of heights.

Dallas, Texas
8 attraction reviews
“Amazing experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

Awesome experience!

Pros
Seasoned and safe team
Very personable and friendly
Perfect video and photos included
Transportation to and from hotel included
Timely communication (I booked a week before I arrived)

Cons
Had to split up our group due to high volume of flights plus the flight deck closing early due to Brazil team World Cup match
Price up-charge due to World Cup period

Visited June 2014
Port of Spain, Trinidad
4 attraction reviews
“Worth the Money.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

So I booked Paulo way in advance, maybe a month and a half plus before I got to Rio because I knew it was during World Cup and I wanted my desired spot. Paulo was very efficient with bookings etc. I emailed him a couple times to confirm. He was upfront about there being a chance we might not fly during the tournament. Luckily that never happened. I was scheduled to fly on Monday June 30th at 8am. Unfortunately after communicating back and forth throughout the morning, we realized that it was not going to happen. Bear in mind that the wind conditions are beyond the instructors' controls, and so if they cancel or you have a wait, that's mother nature, not them. So he gladly rescheduled us for Thursday 3rd July at 10/11 pick-up. When we got to the base(beach) where we sign disclaimers etc, there was a huge back-up or so it seemed for other people and companies. Luckily we had a much smaller wait than other people going with other companies. The reason for the wait was that the wind conditions were changing so rapidly that a few people could go, but then the ramp was closed for an hour plus. I actually prefer this, because it reassures me that they are doing everything they can to ensure your safety. So we waited a bit, about an hour, then headed up to the ramp on Pedra Bonita. At the jump point there was LOADS of people waiting. But when you're up there, you can tell with the wind conditions what's good and what isn't. They explain it to you.

We waited around for maybe half hour to forty-five minutes before we geared up. Then we waited another 45 minutes or so because the ramp closed for a bit. In any event, once it cleared up, there was a constant flow of take-off after take-off. My mom was lined up to go first with Marcos as her instructor, I was going second with Paulo, and my sister followed to go with Nito. They give you a bit of a practice run before you run off the ramp, and it's really quite simple. When the time came to go, boy was I ready!

Running off the ramp and towards the horizon like Paulo says is such an exhilarating feeling. You don't know what to expect. It is A LOT less scary than you think! You feel like you're floating. The instructors are competent and do their best to make you feel at ease. I would highly recommend Just Fly Rio/Paulo,Marcos,Nito to anyone who is interested.

Pricing info: $550 BRL or about $275 USD. This includes transport to and from your hotel, registration with the association, the flight itself, pictures and videos. Was high during world cup, but totally and 100000% worth it.

Just Fly!

New York City, New York
“Friendly, experienced folks”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

I've always dreamed of flying, so I joined my friends on this while in Rio for the World Cup. The price was inflated - R$580 for the "full package" which included taxi to/from apartment in Copacabana, dvd, pix (GoPro) and flight. Paulo is the point of contact and is a very warm, friendly guy. He assigns instructors to clients - and it seems like some (or all?) instructors may be independents who go with different companies depending on the time of day and demand.
The taxi picked us up at 10:30am, we got to the sign-in location where we filled out a form on a computer (need your passport number and blood type - which I didn't know and leaving it blank seemed to be okay). We paid and then were driven uphill to the take-off location. There was a line but not long. Within about 20 minutes we were strapped up, instructed (very brief), and doing a test run.. literally, a run with the instructor :)
In no time, we were running off the ramp and into the air. I wore sports sandals (Tevas) and those were perfect, but my friends wore sneakers as recommended. Also shorts and t-shirt.

The wind was good, my ride was about 10 minutes which was more than enough because the area to cover is not that large so you make zigzags back and forth towards the beach. I actually got motion sick for the last few minutes and just read that it happens to people who sometimes get motion sick in a car. It apparently is caused when you look down a lot - which I did :). So keep that in mind.

Otherwise, it was like looking down from a plane, but the wind was strong and loud around you. Pretty cool. It was at the top of my bucket list - now I look for a replacement :)

Brussels
3 attraction reviews
“Amazing experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

Not so easy to get all-right with just fly but once there, the experience is just great. The fear goes off after 5 seconds in the air, when you feel that it is supporting you.
I recommend doing it.