“A great day in Rio” 5 of 5 stars
Review of PrivateTourGuideinRio Tours

PrivateTourGuideinRio Tours
Avenida Presidente Joao Goulart, 401 | apt.303 - Vidigal, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro 22450241, Brazil
+55 21 97958-4976
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 414 Activities in Rio de Janeiro
More attraction details
Owner description: I am a registered guide in the Brazilian Ministry of tourism , working taking tourists to the most diverse places of this wonderful city with full responsibility and pleasure.
Basel, Switzerland
“A great day in Rio”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

We spent a day with Olivia in Rio and had lots of unique experiences. For us it felt like seeing the city with a friend, not with a stranger. We saw lots of things we definitely would not have seen on our own and didn't just do the touristy stuff. Olivia knows a lot of things about the city and when you do a tour with her you realize soon that she really loves her city and also loves showing it to people. That's what makes the experience with her so unique. Also, she did everything for us to enjoy Rio as much as possible. When the weather forecast for the day of our tour wasn't too good, she suggested doing the tour in 2 days and going to corcovado on another day when the weather was better and we could actually see something. We really appreciated this! It was a great way to see Rio and we would recommend it to everyone.

Visited December 2013
oliviaalves, Proprietário at PrivateTourGuideinRio Tours, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Hey dear, I was fortunate enough to have had the chance to be with your parents too. My conclusion is that you are a very special family, who will always be in my fondest memories. Thanks for everything and for your review,
I kiss you all

Groningen, The Netherlands
“Marvellous day with Olivia in Rio”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

One day in Rio to see all the highlights! With Olivia you can. She is enthusiastic, speaks her languages, knows everything you need to know about Rio.
We went to Corcovado in the mist. but lucky for us the clouds went away for a short period. But that was just enough time to shoot beautiful pictures. We visited Santa Theresa (you need to see this part otherwise you have not been to Rio!) an downtown. In the afternoon Olivia invited us to her own favela Vidigal, where we had an enormous tasteful lunch. After this lunch we went to the top of the favela on motorbikes which operate as taxis. A wonderful experience to drive along these small streets. The walk back was also an eyeopener! The people were friendly and we did not feel threatened in any way. Thanks Olivia, for a wonderful day in Rio!
PS. Now Clarence Seedorf no longer plays for Botafogo, the Flamengos possibilities to win are increased!
Rob en Simone

Visited June 2013
Rob & Simone, The most loyal fans of the football club Flamengo. How good to know that you are part of my group. Forget Clarence Seedorf because with or without him Botafogo Club is already a loser. And I remember your passion for the colors of my team, ahahaha .. Thanks for your super nice review. Love
Westfield, New Jersey
“The Incomparable Olivia”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

We give her top marks for quite a list of qualities. Yes, Olivia knows her city well and brings to her tour a genuine sense of her love for it and an eagerness to share. It appears that she knows everyone! She's sensitive at gauging how much we could absorb and when to take a break -so her suggestions were always welcome. Within minutes we felt like we were friends and not just tourists trailing along. That's an art right there.
It would not have been possible to see so many parts of Rio in one day on our own. She left us with a list of suggestions for the rest of the week. Olivia knows her stuff. Book her!

Visited December 2013
oliviaalves, Proprietário at PrivateTourGuideinRio Tours, responded to this review, February 8, 2014
Dear Diane, Do, you remember that you were my last tour before my vacation? I could not have had better company, I had a nice day with wonderful people full of culture and things to say. THANK YOU!!!!
Chicago, Illinois
“Olivia is the best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

We have been to Rio before and used the hotel to set up tours, but this time with my 6 month old baby we decided to try a tour guide and Olivia seemed like the right choice thru our email conversations. We were absolutely happy with her and she made being with our baby easy as possible to do the tour. She was on time, navigated us thru the areas we wanted to see, and her english is perfect. She knows the city very well and know people who work in multiple tour areas to help you get thru the line fast. I highly recommend her for everyone and she is great with kids. Much better than hotel tours!!!

Visited November 2013
the BABY and YOU were the best. Not me.
Thank you for all dear friends. I hope to see you again. Your affection and respect makes me very happy!!
toronto
4 attraction reviews
“you will not regret booking a tour with Olivia!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

My husband , my teenage daughter and I toured Rio with Olivia , it was a wonderful, relaxing experience. She knows the city very well, you start the day very early to miss the crowds and that makes it even more enjoyable! She even knows where you should stand to get the best pic!!!She gave us loads of info about the city and even took us to her favella for a very tasty lunch. It was my birthday and I can't think of a better way to celebrate, what a lovely day we all had! . My camera stopped working just as we got to sugar loaf, but Olivia offered to take photos with her ipad and then sent me the pics , such a nice lady, thank you for eveything! I definitely recommend her to anyone wanting to visit Rio !

Visited January 2014
Fiona, thank you dear friend for your review. I would like to celebrate yourr birthday with much more things but I'll be waiting for you and this beautiful family for the next time to dance some Brazilian rhythm. I would love to see iyou guys and Chanel dancing. Thanks