“Awesome place to stay!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Casa Cool Beans Flats-Ipanema

You added Casa Cool Beans Flats-Ipanema to your Saves list
Casa Cool Beans Flats-Ipanema
Rua Vinicus de Moraes, 72, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro 22411-010, Brazil   |
Ranked #34 of 250 Rio de Janeiro B&B and Inns
“Awesome place to stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

My wife and I recently spent 4 nights at Casa Cool Beans Ipanema. This is the perfect place to stay at. There are only 7 rooms in the place and if you didn't know what you were looking for you would walk right by it. The beach is 1.5 blocks away and there are so many restaurants within the area. We never felt unsafe at all in our time in Rio. Every morning they give you a R$ 20 voucher to a restaurant/café right around the corner from the hotel. The voucher is good anytime of day so you can save it for lunch if you like.

We didn't have anything planned prior to arriving. Pedro and David said they would plan everything when we arrived. We arrived and told them what we wanted to do during our time there. They said tell us in the morning and we will make it happen. One morning we said we wanted to go Hang Gliding. 40 minutes later there was a guide at the hotel to pick us up and take us. The next morning we said we wanted to go on a Favela tour. An hour later a tour was in front to pick us up. Whatever you want to do, they will make happen. They were so so so helpful. Be prepared though, things tend to happen really quick!

We can't wait to go back and stay at Casa Cool Beans! The area below the hotel is very active and can get loud at night. Most of the noise was drown out by the air conditioner in the room. We knew about this going into our stay so it's not a complaint by any means. Just be prepared. The location and service of the staff outweighs the noise at night by a long ways.

See you again Casa Cool Beans!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

I recently spent a week at Casa Cool Beans Flats in Ipanema & felt at home straight away. From the organised pick up from the airport to the final good-bye I could not of wished for a more perfect first stay in Rio. Great location, just one block from Ipanema beach & in the centre of bars, restaurants & shops aplenty. Lovely clean rooms with a fully stocked drinks fridge, a fine shower & welcoming air conditioning after a day on the beach. Pedro & David were only too happy to answer any questions I had about what sights to see & even arranged a hang glide with Rio's top instructor for me, at my request. Most of the major sights are only a short taxi ride away & the metro is only a couple of blocks walk away. I could of not of asked for a more relaxing and pleasant stay in the busy, vibrant centre of one of Rio's most popular districts. Recommended. I will return! :)

Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014 via mobile

We had a wonderful stay in Casa Cool Beans. Our flat was clean, modern and comfortable. The location is optimal and the staff are very attentive and helpful. They had great suggestions for things to do that were not on our itinerary and also were not in our guidebooks eg vegetarian restos. Though this is out of their control, the neighbourhood is very lively well into the night. However, this is a small price to pay for such an incredible location in Ipanema that we would recommend without hesitation to everyone. Adam and Jasmine

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Geneva, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

Tough to avoid gushing, but this place deserves it. Less than 2 blocks from one of the greatest beaches in the world, half a block from the best ice cream in the city (Vero's), 3 minutes walk to the metro, and with a variety of good eating options (Zaza, Resto, Fronteira were all superb) at least as close by. The rooms are comfortable, spacious and sparkling clean, and (if you've got one away from the street) super quiet, with warm shower and proper air conditioning. To top it all, David (the owner/manager) was more helpful and hospitable than you could wish for. Excellent all round.

Room Tip: Quietest rooms are away from the street
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

I cannot rate this place highly enough. The location is perfect for exploring Rio and the rooms are modern and clean. What really makes this a great place to stay however is the hotelier Dave (and assistants) every morning we'd review our plans for the day and then Dave would offer up suggestions based on what we wanted to do and his massive amount of knowledge on the local area. If it wasn't for this expert knowledge then I know for a fact that our stay in Rio would not have been half as good.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

Two things really made our stay at Casa Cool Beans Flats. Firstly, the fantastic location and secondly, the super friendly staff. Ipanema is a perfect neighbourhood just to chill out and is a good base to explore the city. It was also a great place for us, a gay couple who enjoy making the most of the scene when visiting a new city. David the owner is a mine of information and knows exactly the best and most happening places to visit on every day/night of the week.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

This guest house is in the heart of Ipanema, 3 minutes' walk from the beach. The rooms are basic but very clean, and generally have all that you need for a good visit- including a comfortable bed, clean bathrooms with hot shower, and a fridge. The staff are very helpful and friendly.

The place is relatively new, and I think a few improvements would move it from 4 stars to 5 stars in my mind- the kitchen space is a bit empty and there is room for a microwave, stove top, and cooking utensils if they wanted to add it. There are great restaurants in the area but they are very expensive so being able to cook would be a nice option.

Also, the reception is only open until 4pm, so if you need something afterwards, you have to wait until the next day unless it's an emergency. A later reception would be helpful (especially because it limits when you can arrive). Also, the maid only cleans until about 1pm-and on my first morning I slept in and left the room at 2pm, only to return to find it as messy as I left it.

Prices in Ipanema are very high, so even though Casa Cool Beans isn't cheap, it is relatively a good value for the neighborhood.

Last caveat- the guest house has a strict "no outside guests" policy- so if that is important to you- keep that in mind. My friend from home stopped by for a few minutes to pick me up to go to a bar and waited in my room while I got ready. 5 minutes later the owner knocked on my door to chastise me. Not the end of the world but keep in mind that they are strict with this policy.

Overall this a good place to stay, good value, and an amazing location. I would definitely go back!

Stayed December 2013, traveled solo

Been to Casa Cool Beans Flats-Ipanema? Share your experiences!