“Absolutely amazing experience!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Nossa Senhora da Boa Viagem

Hotel Nossa Senhora da Boa Viagem
You added Hotel Nossa Senhora da Boa Viagem to your Saves list
Hotel Nossa Senhora da Boa Viagem
Estrada da Gavea, 447, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro 22451-262, Brazil   |
Ranked #43 of 214 Hotels in Rio de Janeiro
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Absolutely amazing experience!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

I had just begun a 4 month tour of South America and my first week was spent in Illha Grande where myself and my travelling buddy met 2 of our friends from homer adding up to Carnival! We orgininally had a one bed partner booked in copacabana which had fallen through at the very last minute! Another friend from back home was meeting is in Rio and sorted more accommodation out back in the UK! We had no idea it would be in the Favela so I can imagine our initial shock and worry however I must say after being there within an hour my opinion had changed the staff were so friendly and attentive the manager was excellent! I think we were some of the first guests to stay there. The language barrier wasn't ever really an issue for us as another guest At the hotel who was actually from that favela but lives impanema was renting his apartment out there for carnival and staying at the hotel and employed as the translater he was fabulous he really put us at ease showed us where to go which bus to catch into town, took us to party's on the beach it was really was fantastic every block had a bloco party even in the favelas! The first time we got the bus home after spending the day in the city a passenger seemed concerned we were getting of to go into the favela which obviously made us concerned we had go walk up to get back to the hotel and right through a favela blocko party all we could do was act confident an just see what happened !! We danced all the way through with the locals clapping and cheering not once did anyone confront us or make us uncomfortable Brazilian people are very passionate loving and polite smart human beings they just wanted to know if we were having a good time in Brazil!! One of my favourite things to do when we got back to the room which was no Hilton hotel but very very clean and tidy was to loon at the view of the favela into rio all the lights made it very beautiful!! I will go back one day and I will stay there again! Truely magical experience

• Stayed February 2014

Business
Lansing, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

Hotel Nossa Senhora da Boa Viagem (or just Hotel Boa Viagem for short) is a great experience tucked away in the upper reaches of the famous favela of Rocinha. Don't let the location or the unassuming exterior of the hotel put you off; the rooms are plain but very comfortable, the staff is very friendly, and the breakfast is quite good. Also, the rates are extremely reasonable compared with the average hotel in Rio.

I would recommend this hotel very highly for adventurous travelers on a budget. The hotel also has a hostel section.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Nossa Senhora da Boa Viagem? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hotel Nossa Senhora da Boa Viagem

Address: Estrada da Gavea, 447, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro 22451-262, Brazil
Location: Brazil > State of Rio de Janeiro > Rio de Janeiro
Restaurant
#4 Best Value Hotel in Rio de Janeiro
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Despegar.com and Odigeo so you can book your Hotel Nossa Senhora da Boa Viagem reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Hotel Nossa Senhora Da Boa Viagem Rio De Janeiro, Brazil

If you own or manage Hotel Nossa Senhora da Boa Viagem, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.