“CONSISTANTLY A WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Brazil Tours With Carlos-Day Tours

Brazil Tours With Carlos-Day Tours
zx00 Barata Ribeiro 577/501 | Copacabana, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro 22040-001, Brazil
55 21 96220976
Website
Improve this listing
San Francisco, California
3 attraction reviews
“CONSISTANTLY A WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

I met Carlos Joao Sales 10 years ago in SF. He told me he was moving back home to start his own business as a tour guide. In 2004, I traveled to Brasil for a month long vacation. I had a ball. I arrived ahead of a social group that would join Carlos and I for 10 days. Carlos had already picked me up at the airport and checked me into a lovely apartment with everything I needed at a very reasonable rate a block away from Copa Cabana Beach. He visited me everyday to help me navigate the city. When the group arrived he was our constant guide from Rio to Salvador for the next 10 days. Nothing was too difficult for Carlos for the 16 Americans. I and we had the time of our lives with so many activities from local entertainment to boat trips and a Pride celebration in Bahia! After we returned to Rio the group left but I stayed for another week. What a personable guide Carlos is, I have returned to Brasil in 2006, 2009 and 2011 to enjoy his guidance and direction again and again and am planning a return trip in 2013.

Visited October 2011

“Joāo is the best tour guide you can get in Rio”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

Joao is extremely professional, well organized, resourceful and fun to be around. We were a group of 8 people of various ages, and bilingual. He wad able to accomodate the needs of everyone in the group, by explaining tour facts in English and Portuguese, and also providing the children a simpler version of historical facts.
I would definetly hire Joao again when I visit Rio. I hope it happens soon.

Boston, Massachusetts
“By Far the Best Around”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

I have been on a couple of tours with Carlos (1 small group and the 2nd, a larger group) and he is definitely one of the best around. I agree with one of the other reviewers, you will become friends with him. His knowledge of Brazil is unmatched and his tours are really structured based on what your interest are. I recommend him to anyone planning a trip to Rio.

Visited March 2012
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
“Carlos, tour guide extraordinaire!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

I met Carlos at a presentation on Brasil in San Francisco and have utilized him for 3 trips since. He is such a gentle & thoughtful guy who knows Rio like the back of his hand, showed me fascinating sites many tourists don't see & intervened decisively when there was a small problem with the apartment I rented. You can ask him for suggestions about any wish for your trip.
He treats you like a friend, something very Brasilian, but unusual in a vacation planner & tour guide. Hiring Carlos is just like having a good friend in town who will show you the city like a native whatever your particular interests.

Visited July 2012
Los Angeles, California
“Carlos made first visit to Rio a memorable experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

Words cannot express enough how grateful I am to Carlos for making my first visit to Brazil a memorable one. Carlos provided my friends and I with the experience we were looking for when it came to truly understanding the history, culture and people of beautiful Brazil. He arranged great tours, and locations where to find the best brazilian food for a reasonable price. Even when he was not showing us around he made sure we were enjoying our stay in Brazil. If we needed any assistance he was more than glad to help. I highly recommend Carlos as a tour guide.

Visited February 2012