“Excellent service and location, tiny and bland room” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Windsor Copa Hotel

You added Windsor Copa Hotel to your Saves list
Windsor Copa Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Av. Nossa Senhora De Copacabana 335, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro 22020-002, Brazil (Copacabana)   |
Ranked #17 of 217 Hotels in Rio de Janeiro
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Lugano, Switzerland
“Excellent service and location, tiny and bland room”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

I have to say that both my husband and I were sick during our 6 night stay in Rio and therefore had to remain in our room much more than expected. This is probably why we paid very much attention to the room, which was -- as everybody else said -- very tiny and absolutely bland. Ours (2nd floor) had a view on a wall between walls and was therefore very dark and smelling a bit dump. In addition to this, the noise from the water (?) pipes was terrible and woke us up at night a couple of times. The bathroom was of a decent size.
Apart from that, location was great and staff extremely professional. Breakfast was also very good. The housekeeping service was excellent-- very polite and kind ladies. We also had room service 3 times and the food was good and the service very quick (20 minutes). Price-wise the restaurant was ok, although I found Rio to be very expensive in general.
One thing that I did not like at all was the fact that one day before arrival I received an email from booking.com informing me that the credit card information provided upon booking (nearly one month earlier) was incorrect and if not clarified before a certain set time my booking would have been cancelled. I called the hotel immediately and found out that indeed I had made a mistake with one of the digits but still I was very annoyed that this was communicated to me via email and only one day before. What would have happened should I have had no access to my email?
Overall I would still recommend the hotel. Having read reviews on Tripadvisor before booking I was not expecting anything fancy, so if it is location you are after this is a great hotel which is fairly priced for Copacabana.

• Stayed August 2013
MonaSamir, Gerente geral at Windsor Copa Hotel, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Dear guest,

thank you very much for your preference while choosing Windsor Copa!
Thank you also for your compliments regarding our delicious breakfast, with a large variety of fresh seasonal fruits and juices. I am glad you have enjoyed our location, in the very heart Copacabana , 1 block from the beach and from the great restaurants and stores of the area, as much as you enjoyed the service provided by our staff.
We all hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again very soon!

Mona Samir

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Lima, Peru
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

I stayed at the Windsor Copa for one night on business, in good measure due to its better-than-average gym facilities. (Then I ended up so busy I never used them!) It is located only one block off of Copacabana Beach. My room as nice (especially the bathroom) but the decor is extremely bland. My staff were nice and always helpful in hailing me cabs. I would stay there again on business but not go there for a romantic weekend.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
MonaSamir, Gerente geral at Windsor Copa Hotel, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for choosing the Windsor Copa on your recent trip to Rio, and also for taking your time to help us through your comments. I'm sure that they will be of great value to other tripadvisor travelers.
If you have any suggestions to improve our services it will be a pleasure to hear from you again.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

Last week we stayed at the Windsor Copa for 3 nights -- great, great location. All staff members were friendly and courteous. Three days after leaving Rio, our grown daughter realized that she had left two new blouses hanging in the closet of her room there. Can you believe she got them back? WOW! We are impressed that the hotel staff made this happen!

I should also mention that I exchanged e-mails with the hotel BEFORE our trip and they made transportation and sightseeing arrangements for us. Excellent service!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear guest,

thank you very much for your comments in relation to your stay with us!
The most important for the staff and management is your satisfaction. We are really glad to hear that our front desk helped you with tours and transportation providing you with an unforgettable experience!

Thank you once more for choosing Windsor Copa Hotel. We hope to have the opportunity to host you again very soon!

Sincerely Grateful,
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

The good: Excellent location one block from the beach. Comfortable bed. Good size bathroom. Usual amenities including safe. Excellent buffet breakfast. WiFi included. Gym available (did not try). Friendly helpful English speaking staff. Allowed late checkout at 18:00 for half the room rate.

The not-so-good: Noise - Had room on 3rd floor near elevator, which makes a loud beep every time it stops at the floor. Also noise from hallway and adjacent rooms. Rooms are very small.

Room Tip: Room on high floor away from elevator, facing the back of the building
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
MonaSamir, Gerente geral at Windsor Copa Hotel, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Dear guest,

we would like to thank you for choosing the Windsor Copa on your recent trip to Rio, and also for taking your time to help us through your comments.
I'm glad that you have enjoyed the various aspects of our hotel, such as the varied breakfast with a large selection of fruits, juices and breads; our location and service.
We appreciate your comments and we hope to welcome you back in Rio soon!

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Thank you Trip Advisor! I always choose my hotels based on the reviews I read here. Once again, the reviews I read on Windsor Copa were right on the mark. This is a great hotel with a friendly, helpful staff. Sure, the rooms are small but with Copacabana Beach literally around the corner, who cares? The rooms are spotlessly clean, which for me is far more important than size, and housekeeping does a great job. They came to service my room every day at the same hour in the early afternoon. I was grateful for that, since by the time I came back to the room late afternoon I could rest until dinnertime. The breakfast buffet (included with my room) was amazing--fresh tropical fruits, meats, cheeses, eggs, bacon, waffles, breads, pastries, etc. and good, strong coffee.

In addition to being situated close to Copacabana Beach, there are buses and taxis readily available, and the Arcoverde metro station is a few short blocks away.

I was especially grateful to the staff the morning I checked out. I was there for World Youth Day, and the entire area was blocked off to traffic (including taxis) due to the closing Mass/ceremonies. The staff offered me the hotel car service to take me directly to the airport.

I will definitely stay here again for all the reasons mentioned above.

Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Dear guest,

thank you very much for your comments in relation to your stay at Windsor Copa.
We are really glad to hear that our front desk helped you with the transportation, providing you an unforgettable experience. Our Chef will be very pleased to hear such lovely comments about our breakfast service. I would like to thank you for your lovely comment about the all staff. We will be informing all of them of your positive observations to motivate them even further.

We hope to have the opportunity to host you again very soon!

My kindest regards, Mona Samir.
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

This hotel is quite a bargain when you start looking at the beach front hotels of Copacabana. It is one block off the beach about a 2 minute walk and about a 20-30 minute walk to Ipanema. The hotel staff is very friendly and nice. We landed and arrived at the hotel at about 9am. They let us check into our room at that time and even gave us an upgraded 'bigger' room. I cringe at the thought of a smaller room because this one was the size of a shoe box but nonetheless it is nice and a good place to sleep. The free breakfast buffet had a good selection and the food was tasty. The hotel is also an easy walk to many surrounding restaurants. It was about a 30-45 min cab ride from the airport probably (traffic here appears to be insane 100% of the time:) Also they have free wifi yay!

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade, we did and they just gave us one!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dear guest,

We would like to thank you for recommending the Windsor Copa Hotel.
It is a pleasure to hear that you were satisfied with the service provided by our staff that's always trying the best to assist all the guests with their doubts and their needs. We are happy that you enjoyed the breakfast, free wifi and location.

We really hope to welcome you again!

Sincerely, Mona Samir
Brasilia, DF
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

Staying in Rio is not an easy experience. Hotels normally are more expensive than what is offered in return. But Windsor Copa was a pleasant surprise. Part of Windsor chain of hotels, well known in Rio, this new property is a residential building that was completely refurbished to become a hotel. The rooms are really small, but comfortable and well planned - but I missed not having a support for luggage. Location is nice - although it is not a sea-front hotel, it's just behind the famous Copacabana Palace, one block away from Copacabana beach and from a BikeRio station. I'll definitively return to Windsor Copacabana on my next trip to Rio.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

We would like to thank you for choosing and recommending the Windsor Copa Hotel.
We are really glad to know that our services were up to your expectations and we look forward to have you as our guest again in the near future.

Mona Samir

Been to Windsor Copa Hotel? Share your experiences!