“Glayber the Great” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Private tour guide in Rio de Janeiro for tailor made tours and assistance. 33 years old, born and raised in the city of Rio de Janeiro and working as a tour guide since 2004. I have lived one year in California to improve my english skills and 2 months in Mexico to improve my spanish skills. My tours are flexible and I try to show you the Rio everyone wants to see and a few other hidden gems that only locals know it.
Prescott, Arizona
“Glayber the Great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Glayber really knows Rio de Janeiro as both a driver and a tour guide. He was right there at the airport to pick us up and take us to our hotel.The tours Glayber took us on in Rio for three days were fun, informative and beautiful. He would tell us what we were going to do the next day. What time he would pick us up, and he would be there waiting in the morning. We had no language barriers when we were with Glayber. He helped us take photos. At the end of our time in Rio, Glayber drove Diana and I 4hrs south to our next destination. Dropped us off at the lobby and then drove 4hrs back to Rio. That is a long day at the wheel! Thank you for the good company, dedication, and professionalism. Thank you for the great vacation memories of Rio de Janeiro.

Visited January 2013
Glayber S, Owner at Tour Guide Glayber - Private day tours, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
I am really glad you had a memorable time in Rio and Paraty.

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this amazing review and for the special visit to my beloved hometown.

I hope to see you again soon.

Best rtegards,

Glayber.

• Polish first
  • Turkish first
Highland Park, New Jersey
“Glayber Silva in Rio de Janeiro”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Glayber picked us up at the airport, gave us two half-day tours, drove us back to the airport.

He picked us up promptly. He took extra time to make sure we knew which hotel (out of a few with similar names) we were staying at, and showed us the neighborhood re formal and informal restaurants, grocery shopping, other shopping, etc. He was knowledgeable, polite and very easy to listen to and to get along with. His English is quite good - as his bio says, he spent some time in the US and has spent much time traveling in the US.

He was also able to enlist the cooperation of the hotel staff, so apparently he has good relationships with them.

Visited February 2013
I really aprecciate the time you've spent to write this kind review.

I am glad you had a wonderfull time in my hometown and also enjoyed Paraty.

I hope to see you again soon.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.
Berkeley Heights, New Jersey
“Rio with Glayber”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

We were very pleased with your services. Glayber Silva was a wonderful driver and guide. He made our trip to Rio a fabulous one. He knew just how to enjoy the city, avoid the crowds and see all the sights. He was also a terrific resource - we had no questions that he could not answer. This was our first time in Rio and Glayber made it both perfect and memorable

Visited February 2013
Thank you very much for the kind words and for taking the time to write the review.

I am really happy I could help you to see my hometown with the eyes of a "local".

I hope to see you soon.

Best regards.
Colonia del Sacramento, Uruguay
“Visit from Finland”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

Hello
we were very pleased with your services. Your driver Marcos was always punctually
waiting for us at the agreed time. He was also most friendly and very good
company and additionally provided us with interesting local information
about Rio de Janeiro and Brazil in general, a truly professional guide !

We had a very short time reserved for Rio, just two days, and therefore
did not have time for many sights, but enjoyed our walks on the Copacabana
beach and the scenery from the Corcovado, where Marcos drove us. However,
the more peaceful atmosphere of Buzios and the drive through the
countryside were more to our taste. Big crowds and standing in queues do
not please us very much.

I will preserve your contact information and that of Marcos and am happy
to recommend you and your services to our friends, who are planning to
visit Rio de Janeiro.

If we have time to visit Brazil another time, we will possibly spend more
time in Rio de Janeiro to get to know the metropole better.
Please give our best regards to Marcos,

Saludos,
Family Tammi from Finland

Visited February 2013
Thank you very much for the review.

I am glad that our co-workers are above and beyond your expectations as well.

We were very pleased with your visit and happy that everything turned out to be perfect.

We hope to see you again soon.

Best regards
Gilroy
“Glayber Silva-private tour guide of Rio”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Kensington tours booked Glayber to be our guide for our 3 days in Rio. He picked us up and spent one entire day showing us the sites of Rio. He's got great connections and was able to get us through lines that would otherwise have taken us a long time to go through. Of all my foreign trips with tour guides, Glayber is by far the best.
He's very well informed and knowledgeable but also lot's of fun. I highly recommend him

Visited January 2013
Glayber S, Owner at Tour Guide Glayber - Private day tours, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to write this kind review.

You guys were great and flexible to help me make my job as good as it can be.

I am really glad you enjoyed my hometown and I could show you around the highlights.

Kind regards and I hope to see you soon.

Been to Tour Guide Glayber - Private day tours? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Tour Guide Glayber - Private day tours, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.