Harmonia is one of the sweetest hostels we have stayed at. We stayed in dorms for several nights then checked into a double room with shared bathroom. Prices in Rio are generally expensive- especially in Ipanema one of the most upmarket neighborhoods in all of Rio. So yes, Harmonia's prices reflect that, but we shopped around for many hostels and saw the condition of the rooms (for the same price) and Harmonia is definately one of the best.
I noticed some reviews commenting on how the rooms are cramped: most hostels are cramped, but at least Harmonia doesn't sport triple bunk beds! Yes, my boyfriend stayed at the top bunk at another hostel in Ipanema and I'm sure the bunk wouldn't pass health and safety!!
Harmonia is kept very clean and the staff are lovely and very helpful. They have a 10 pm quiet rule, which ensures everyone gets a quiet night sleep. I think it's fair enough too-you are in Rio!! Go out and enjoy the city!!
Highly recommend this place!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Harmonia is a small and homely homestay located right in the heart of the famous Ipanema beach district. Just 3 blocks from the beach and only a stone´s throw away from bars and restaurants, the location is great.We take pride in our warm atmosphere and the personal attention we give to all our guests. Staying here at Harmonia is the best way to discover this spectacular city and a big reason why so many of our guests end up coming back year after year! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld so you can book your Hostel Harmonia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hostel Harmonia Hotel Rio De Janeiro
- Hostel Harmonia Rio De Janeiro, Brazil