I could not believe how bad this place was. First of all, I went to my assigned room and found the door open, the room not cleaned and generally looking like a construction site. A trek back to the reception resulted in getting a different room (although without anything resembling an apology), but in the end the new room was only marginally better. In fact, it felt like a motel in a bad neighborhood (and in Brazil a motel is priced by the hour for clients who want to spend time with prostitutes). Specifically, I could not count the number of stains on the carpet, resting my arm on the desk resulted in black smudges, and the bed cover smelled like pee. In short, it was disgusting.
In addition, all amenities were extra. The internet that was supposed to be included in the price was so slow it was unusable. Paying an extra charge for high speed improved it a little, but the signal still kept dropping all the time. Also, I try to put my documents in a safe box in my room and after calling the reception I discovered that there was another charge for it daily. At least the breakfast was free, and while not fancy, I was surprised to find that it was edible.
In conclusion, this place was dirty and tried to charge me for basic amenities that should be included. The price is not cheap -- I paid U$ 160 dollars per night. Not recommended.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Copacabana Hotel
- Premier Copacabana Rio De Janeiro
- Hotel Premier Copacabana Rio De Janeiro, Brazil
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This hotel has elegant suites and a great location just over a quarter mile from Copacabana Beach. The panoramic rooftop pool offers views of the iconic Christ the Redeemer Statue, 2 miles away.Rooms at Premier Copacabana Hotel have light cream colors and chocolate brown furniture. All come with LCD and cable TV, air conditioning and free Wi-Fi.Guests can enjoy a delicious caipirinha from the bar, while relaxing in the atrium, designed by Burle Marx. The restaurant serves international cuisine and a daily breakfast with croissants and eggs.Hotel Premier Copacabana is next to Siqueira Campos Metro station and is 2 blocks from Rio de Janeiro bus terminal. Parking is available for small cars. The staff speaks English and German. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Hotel Premier Copacabana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.