“Nice Hotel but you won't sleep late” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Windsor Plaza Copacabana Hotel

You added Windsor Plaza Copacabana Hotel to your Saves list
Windsor Plaza Copacabana Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Avenida Princesa Isabel, 263 | Copacabana, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro 22011010, Brazil   |
Ranked #26 of 217 Hotels in Rio de Janeiro
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Houston
“Nice Hotel but you won't sleep late”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

The Windsor Plaza is a nice hotel a couple of blocks from the Copacabana beach. The halls and rooms have hard flooring, which makes it a little noisy. Also, the plumbing is quite noisy. When an adjoining room flushes the commode early in the morning, it is loud enough to wake you. They also cleaned the room above us both mornings at 7:30 AM. This involved sweeping and moving furniture. It sounded like the cleaning was actually going on in our room.

Other than the noise, it was a good stay. It's a good hotel for the price. As you know, Rio is crazy expensive.

Room Tip: The roof top pool is nice and has a great view of the area.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
NeubeBrigagao, General Manager at Windsor Plaza Copacabana Hotel, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Dear Guest,
First of all I would like to thank you for sharing your experience with us. Your opinion is truly important to us and to other Trip Advisor users.
We are glad to know that you've enjoyed your stay in Rio and we hope to welcome you again really soon.
Neube Brigagão

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Polish first
Dakar, Dakar, Senegal
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Stayed for 5 days in the hotel, room is pricey and very small. I could not fit into the bed. I did take the superior luxe double room, thinking it would be worth it, but i ended up paying more money for nothing. Staff was really polite, reason for the 2 stars.
The breakfast buffet was good too.
The rooms are noisy, u can hear bathrooms running in the hotel which is a big no no for me

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you for the time dedicated to this evaluation. Unfortunately our rooms were not up to your expectations and for now all I can do is to promise to take your words in consideration for future improvements.
Should you decide to give us a secong chance it will be a great pleasure to help.
Muscat, Oman
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

The choices in Copacabana are so so many yet to find the right one at the right budget can be tricky. I based my choice on review rate and price since I do have a limited budget to spend on hotel. The location of the hotel could not be any better. It is situated in a main street just few blocks from the famous copacabana beach on the right and equally famous Rio Sul shopping center on the left. And in between and behind many shops and supermarkets. The staff were just great. They spoke good English and helped us when ever we needed information. They changed my room when the AC in the one given to me did not work. Breakfast was included in the hotel but to me it was way too simple and basic. The hotel was clean and taken care. My only complaint I guess will be that the rooms were too small, though they were clean and beds comfortable. Also no sound proofing between the rooms so I could hear the TV blaring from the next room and people getting ready for the night out.
For the price paid for the place I would say it is pricy but considering the place and comparing it to other hotels in the area, this hotel is reasonable. I enjoyed what Rio had to offer and I did like the hotel.

• Stayed September 2012
Milano, Italia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

Staff is polite. This is the only plus. Rooms are small and with old furniture and finishings. Beds are uncomfortable. Rooms are noisy (noise coming both from inside and outside). Quality of breakfast food is very low. Orange juice is water with a few drops of tasteless synthethic orange concentrate. Pool on top floor is more like a bath tub. You arrive at night after a long distance flight and fancy a nice sleep and all you want to do is runaway from this place... definitely not worth staying.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
NeubeBrigagao, General Manager at Windsor Plaza Copacabana Hotel, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you for taking your time to criticize your stay at the Windsor Plaza. I am really disappointed that our hotel was not up to your expectations as our efforts are always to make a trip to Rio something to be remembered. Our guests needs are our priority and for that reason I assure you that your impressions will be considered for future improvements in our facilities.
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

My mother and I stayed at this hotel and the reviews are spot on. The front desk staff is polite and they speak English well. The rooms are small but clean and adequate. The breakfast buffet is well supplied. Dinner buffet is fine, as well, if you don't want to venture out. We received turn down service, every night. Wi-Fi may be slow at times.

The window in the fourth floor room we had looked on to a patio of some sort facing what may have been a residential building. We kept the curtains closed. Perhaps instead of saying the walls are thin I would say that the doors are thin because I could hear footsteps, conversation, etc. in the hallway.

The hotel offers complimentary shuttle service to the airport but you must make a reservation in advance. I suggest doing so early to make sure the time slot you want/need is available.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
NeubeBrigagao, General Manager at Windsor Plaza Copacabana Hotel, responded to this review, September 15, 2012
Dear Guest,
I am glad that you and your mother had a pleasant stay at the Windsor Plaza. I would also like to thank for sharing your experience with other trip advisor guests.
It will be a pleasure to have you as our guest again in the future. Rio de Janeiro is waiting for you!
Cordially,
Karlskrona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

This is the second time I have stayed here the last 2 months.
The front desk is well maned with english speaking and polite personell.
The rooms are nice and I dont find them noisy as others claim. Breakfast buffe is nice. the lunch buffe and the dinner buffe is pretty much the same as the dinner. But if you like the lunch that shouldent be a problem.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
NeubeBrigagao, Gerente geral at Windsor Plaza Copacabana Hotel, responded to this review, August 10, 2012
Dear Guest,
We would like to thank you for the time you spent doing this evaluation and also for sharing it with the world. We are really glad to hear that your comments are based in two diferent experiences, which certainly will be considered by those who consult Travelclick before booking their rooms.
The Windsor Plaza Hotel is now waiting for your third visit!
Please feel free to contact me in any case.
Canberra
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

We stayed in this hotel for 6 nights and we were very comfortable. While the room was quite small, and had no view, it was very clean and comfortable. The bed was particularly good. The staff at check-in and those involved in room service were excellent. The buffet breakfast was also very good, although the staff are a bit "enthusiastic" about removing plates, sometimes when still eating! The hotel was also well located in terms of accessing bus services, convenience stores and just a short walk to the Rio Sul shopping centre. It is unfortunate that the areas surrounding the hotel are not so nice, but that's a separate story.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
NeubeBrigagao, General Manager at Windsor Plaza Copacabana Hotel, responded to this review, July 18, 2012
Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you for taking some of your time to share your experience with us and with other Tripadvisor users. I`m sure that your comments will be of great value for them as they were for us.
It will be a great pleasure to have you staying with us again in the future.
Neube Brigagão

Been to Windsor Plaza Copacabana Hotel? Share your experiences!