“Nice and friendly hotel, a step from the beach.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Arpoador Inn

You added Arpoador Inn to your Saves list
Arpoador Inn
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Rua Francisco Otaviano, 177 - Arpoador, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro 22080040, Brazil   |
Ranked #45 of 217 Hotels in Rio de Janeiro
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Nice and friendly hotel, a step from the beach.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

Very nice place and very helpful people, and its just about on the beach. There's a surfing place just outside with people that can teach you. Good fish in the restaurant. And 5 minutes walk to many other restaurants. It's also in a good location between Ipanema and copacabana.

• Stayed January 2013
Daniel G, Manager at Arpoador Inn, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you so much for your fantastic review regarding your recent stay with us, at ARPOADOR INN. It is very rewarding learning how much our unique location combined with a high level of service have made your stay in Rio de Janeiro a special one.

We hope to host you back here again soon.

Daniel Gorin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

Great location, helpful staff, good breakfast, very expensive restaurant.
The bill was put under our door the night before check out which was good so we could review it. It was about €200 extra for the rooms for the 4 nights. I had a copy of the reservation from when we originally booked. They said they they were the old prices but they corrected the bill without much hassle. So make sure u have a copy of original quote. Not sure if it was a genuine mistake or not.

• Stayed January 2013
Daniel G, Gerente at Arpoador Inn, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Dear guest,

Many thanks for your preference and for your great review regarding your recent stay with us.
I am happy to hear you enjoyed our location, services and breakfast.

Your compliments were already passed on to our staff, who look forward to welcoming you soon to ARPOADOR INN.

My very best wishes,

3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013 via mobile

Its a good hotel to stay at and the ppl who work here is helpfull and quite a few speaks or understand english. It has the best location of the hotels around Ipanema, as its 50 meters down to the beach. And you got some shopping quite close to, 5 min walk and you can find eveything you need.

Only thing that i did not like was the breakfast, i found it terrible so i skipped eating there after eating there 2 days.

Daniel G, Gerente at Arpoador Inn, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for the preference and for your comments. We highly appreciate that.

I am very happy to hear how much you have enjoyed our unique location on Arpoador beach, this peninsula between Ipanema and Copacabana beaches.

We hope to welcome you back in Rio soon.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

I have been staying at this hotel for the past 10 years every 3-4 years when I come to Rio. The location is excellent and the beach in front of the hotel is less crowded and nicer than other 'Postos' in Ipanema and Copacabana. The rooms are of decent size and basic which is fine by me. The breakfast is good. The service at the reception/help desk is amazing. Everyone is very friendly and always willing to help out. The internet isn't the greatest but it has definitely improved over the years. I will continue staying here every time I come to Rio. Enjoy!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Daniel G, Manager at Arpoador Inn, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you so much for your fantastic review about your recent stay with us, at ARPOADOR INN.

Thank you also for being a valued customer of our services.
I am truly glad that you have noticed the high level of services offered by our concièrge, as we have been training on excellency services through the year.

We hope to welcome you back soon.

My very best wishes,

Los Angeles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

If you're trying to see both of the big beaches in Rio, this is the absolute perfect location. Sited right at the northern tip of Ipanema, and three short blocks to the sourthern edge of Copacabana, this hotel offers easy access to both. There's some decent shopping nearby (though not nearly as good as in Leblon, which is a 30-minute walk or 10-minute cab ride away), with a really good grocery store just a few blocks south and one block inland in Ipanema.

The hotel itself is decent, but not very high-end. The rooms were nice enough, though, with some having a very nice sea view. The staff was very friendly and helpful, and always had an English speaking member at hand. They had plenty of umbrellas for use on the rainy days. The restaurant in the hotel sits out on the Ipanema strand, but was extremely overpriced. There are far better dining options in Copacabana or even inland in Ipanema.

But as a home base for your Rio adventures, this is a nice little boutique hotel that is a pretty good value.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Daniel G, Manager at Arpoador Inn, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you so much for your great review regarding your recent stay with us, at ARPOADOR INN.

We are in fact on a very special location, right on the beach's sidewalk, between two of the most iconic beaches of the globe: Ipanema and Copacabana. I am really glad that you enjoyed the location as much as you enjoyed the service provided by our multilingual staff.

Once again, thank you so much for recommending our hospitality services to other customers.

We hope to see you soon back in ARPOADOR INN.

Balneario Camboriu, SC, Brazil
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

The hotel is very expensive, old, the rooms are super small and the breakfast is poor. However, staff is extremely friendly and helpful and location is just perfect. With a good renovation, it would be one of the best points of Rio.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Daniel G, Manager at Arpoador Inn, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you so much for reviewing our hotel.

We agree that we are located in one of the best sites in Rio, right on Arpoador beach, between Ipanema and Copacabana. Some ingredients of our buffet breakfast was recently updated, so we would be thrilled by welcoming you again, before or after the renovation that happens in the new year.

Your compliments to our staff have been forwarded to them, who look forward to welcoming you back to Arpoador Inn.

Kind regards,

London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

We visited this hotel on August 2012. The location is great, the hotel itself is beautiful but the prices are too high and not good for purpose. The guy was speaking English and he was institing we order a certain meal and when we didn't he appeared unhappy. I wanted to make my own choice and I I ordered a grilled sea bream but I was served a tinny mashy looking fish potion with a big bowl of boiled rice enough for three people! and one big leaf of lettice. The fish was tasteless and I didnt eat even a quater of the rice. After finishing my wine I asked for the bill and the guy brought it, stood there looking at me until I took out the wallet from my bag and he was still standing there looking at my wallet..I felt intimidated and I will never recommend to any body Hotel Arpoador Inn. I stayed in rio for two weeks and there are so many other restaurants that are very nice with friendly people, good price and even makes you feel good about the tip that they already put in the bill.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Daniel G, Manager at Arpoador Inn, responded to this review, September 22, 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your comments here, as they help us improving our services.

Our departments are being currently trained in order to offer the best service as possible, so I do hope you come back soon in order to see the improvements.

Thank you also for the compliments on the hotel structure and location, right on the beach of Arpoador, between Ipanema and Copacabana.

If you could please let me know next time you are in Rio de Janeiro, I would be pleased to welcome you personally in ARPOADOR INN.

Kind regards,

Daniel Gorin

Been to Arpoador Inn? Share your experiences!