Stayed here as part of a "significant birthday" trip. I've stayed in other hotels that brand themselves "luxury". This one does what it says on the tin. Yes, the building and the rooms aren't the most modern. There's no subtle lighting, electronic wizardy, more switches and butttons than you can decipher etc etc.
Good. This place feels like a proper hotel, not an exercise in badly lit "cool".
You get a good size room, with a good size bathroom, and if you've paid enough and asked for it, a grandstand view of the Copacabana.
Also a great pool, immaculately kept, and somewhere to relax.
The staff are impeccably turned out, very helpful but not intrusive. You get the impression that they've been doing luxury a long time and doing it well, and luxury is "routine". But it doesn't feel routine.
We felt well looked after and that we were there to be looked after. Some high end hotels make you feel like you should be grateful they deigned to let you through the door.
Excellent. And, without a shadow of a doubt, after exhaustive research, the best caiparinhas we had in Brazil by far.
- Also Known As:
- Copacabana Palace By Orient-Express Hotel
- Copacabana Palace By Orient-Express Hotel Rio De Janeiro
- Copacabana Palace Rio De Janeiro
- Copacabana Palace Hotel
- Copacabana Palace
- Copacabana Palace Hotel By Orient-Express Rio De Janeiro, Brazil
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An elegant hotel located alongside the beach, convenient to business & entertainment districts. Copacabana Palace has a great variety of accommodation with a majority of suites, which have recently been re-designed and given a new lease of life with new fabrics and furniture. The hotel has a marvellous Semi-Olympic Size Pool, one Tennis Court, a modern Fitness Centre, a three-floor Spa and a new Lounge Bar 'Bar do Copa' open from Wed to Sat with a selection of DJs playing each night. The Hotel Cipriani Restaurant is the hotel's gastronomic flagship, a sophisticated Italian restaurant serving classics and innovative dishes from the restaurant’s namesake in Venice. The Pergula Restaurant serves Brazilian Buffet breakfast, lunch buffet and dinner a la carte by the pool. Copacabana Palace offers you a great and unique experience in the heart of Rio de Janeiro. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orient Express, Hotels.com, Expedia, Splendia, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Amex, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your Copacabana Palace Hotel by Orient-Express reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.