“Nice but expensive” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Caesar Park Rio De Janeiro Ipanema Managed by Sofitel

You added Caesar Park Rio De Janeiro Ipanema Managed by Sofitel to your Saves list
Caesar Park Rio De Janeiro Ipanema Managed by Sofitel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Av Vieira Souto, 460 | Ipanema, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro 22420, Brazil   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #20 of 214 Hotels in Rio de Janeiro
“Nice but expensive”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

2 females age 30, wanted convenience, location, and above all safety. Paid almost $400/night and definitely got all these things. In between the nicest neighborhood in Rio (Leblon) and the famous Copa Cabana beach, at about Post #11 (Post 9 is where the young cool crowd congregates). Lobby was immaculate, rooms were nice, staff was so-so. At check-in, I was told the 2-bed room I reserved wasn't available, in broken English. A few hours later, after checking into a king room and making a a call to my travel agent, they had the right room for us. My friend sent some clothes to be laundered, and they were lost for about a day, until she called every hour on the hour the night before we were departing to get them to track it down. They didn't charge us for the laundry, but let's just say for $400 a night I expect more in terms of customer service. We were able to take a nice private car to the airport for the same rate as a yellow cab, though, which was nice. Staff always standing out front (even at 4 am) made me feel really safe.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
GM A, Gerente geral at Caesar Park Rio De Janeiro Ipanema Managed by Sofitel, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Dear Ms. "KathrynH",
We appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Caesar Park Rio de Janeiro Ipanema Managed by Sofitel. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.
Once again, we appreciate your sharing your concerns, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you better you in the near future.
Marie BerengereChapoton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

We enjoyed our stay at this hotel during the world cup. The beach in front of the hotel is nice, and they offer guests free beds and umbrellas. The staff were very friendly and attentive. The only suggestion I would have was I think a little renovation is due.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Dear "AneriP",
It is a pleasure to read you enjoyed your stay with us, your comments will be shared with the team. Yo mention renovations, I happily inform we have begun!
We hope to receive you once again at the "Cidade Maravilhosa".
Sao Paulo, SP
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

This hotel has an excelent location and the rooms are wonderful. They are going under a renovation on common areas and I am sure it will be event better next month.
For sure one of the best options for luxury hotels in RJ
Isabel Amorim

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear Ms. Amorim,
Thank you for staying at the Caesar Park Rio de Janeiro Ipanema Managed by Sofitel. We have finalized part of our renovations in the Lobby, it will be a pleasure to receive you again to see the changes!
I wish you a "Magnifique" week!
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

This was a fantastic Hotel. I appreciated the comfort and marvellous service there, as my daughter and I were staying in Rio at the end of a tour that included "Budget Hotels". This was "bliss". I had a lovely surprise for my birthday and sitting enjoying that cake, looking out on the view was something I shall always remember.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear Ms. "LeanneW",
We are very happy to hear you have enjoyed your stay with us.
Thank you for choosing Caesar Park Rio de Janeiro to spend your birthday, it means a lot to us.
We remain at your disposal.
Vienna, Austria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

We have combined business trip and holiday and stayed at the hotel 11 nights. During the whole stay we have experienced great service, very kind and helpfull team taking care of each single guest. You will get in touch - if you want - with the hotel staff at all levels, from the desk to the kitchen and management. Excellent restaurant with the best coock in Rio and the best view over the Ipanema beach. After the work you just cross the street and you are on the beach, enjoying perfect beach service with own chairs and towels. Breakfast in the hotel is excellent with a lot of fruits and huge choice for different tastes and of course the best coffee!
Rooms are big and clean, room service perfect. We are travelling a lot and this was one of the best experiences ever. It was our first time in Rio but not the last one!

Room Tip: just ask for the sea view!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
GM A, Gerente geral at Caesar Park Rio De Janeiro Ipanema Managed by Sofitel, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Dear Mr. "Mimikaki1",
Greetings from Rio de Janeiro!
I am happy to hear all the comments about your stay with us, it is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. I will be sharing the comments with the team and we hope you give us the opportunity to create another "Magnifique" experience in the near future!
Best regrads,
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

I stayed 3 nights here. We had a nice room, the gym had a great view on the top floor and the machines were decent. The pool looked very small on the rooftop. We were there in the cooler part of the year so it wasn't exactly pool or beach weather anyway. The breakfast buffet (the only option) was rather expensive but pretty extensive. I would highly recommend skipping it at least one morning and going out for great fruit smoothie that seems to be everywhere in Rio.

The hotel was in walking distance to shopping and good restaurants. The hotel concierge recommended some good restaurants. Where I think they feel a bit short was on the tour options. We wanted to do a Monday morning tour but the evening prior they were already gone to schedule it. The concierge didn't come in until 11am, when some of the tours that they advertise for starts at 9am so we found that a little annoying. Perhaps it isn't a big money maker for them.

All in all I would highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dear "KBasu",
First of all I thank you for all the comments, I am happy to hear you had a nice stay with us.
The Accor group has recently bought the property, the new project includes a pool project - we do hope to receive you again so you may enjoy the pool in the future.
I took notes on the mentioned points to speak to the team.
I wish you a "Magnifique" week!
Mountain View, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

Let me explain. I think this hotel would qualify as downright ghetto if it were in the US. It's old. Needs renovation. But the staff is very friendly and helpful. But the best thing is the view from the room. I was fortunate enough to have a ocean view. It was really, really stunning. I can't say enough. The sunset was also incredible beautiful over the "two brothers" mountains. The location of the hotel is in the center of where the oceanside culture happens. Street vendors, the strip, the restaurants and of course the beach. The hotel's food was ok. They take a bit of time to get orders out. And there's bit of a language gap if you're an American who didn't have time to learn enough portuguese to prepare for the visit (which I didn't.) But the staff really works hard and tries hard to make your stay pleasant. My room was always well kept with morning and turndown service. The front desk staff worked hard to take care of problems. And when I had a small snag, I got an email front the hotel's general manager to make sure I was ok. It might not be the newest or the best hotel. But I think Sofitel will work it's magic in the coming months. But there is no doubt that this hotel is in the perfect place to enjoy Rio as it should be enjoyed. You can't go wrong here.

Room Tip: Spring for the ocean side room. You will not regret it!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
GM A, Gerente geral at Caesar Park Rio De Janeiro Ipanema Managed by Sofitel, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Dear Mr. "Cleavetwo",

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Caesar Park Rio de Janeiro managed by Sofitel, it is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive improve to continuously the quality of our services and product!

Marie-Berengere Chapoton

Been to Caesar Park Rio De Janeiro Ipanema Managed by Sofitel? Share your experiences!