“Location great, hotel ok, service very good.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Caesar Park Rio De Janeiro Ipanema Managed by Sofitel

Save Saved
You added Caesar Park Rio De Janeiro Ipanema Managed by Sofitel to your Saves list
Caesar Park Rio De Janeiro Ipanema Managed by Sofitel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Av Vieira Souto, 460 | Ipanema, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro 22420, Brazil (Ipanema)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #21 of 210 hotels in Rio de Janeiro
glendale, california
“Location great, hotel ok, service very good.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

Stayed two nights, we liked the excellent view from our 17th floor room. The location is the best, center of Ipanema. The service from the reception staff and concierge was excellent. The steam and sauna on the top floor are small but relaxing, pool too small to really use and it's connected to the restaurant, a little weird. The wifi was so-so but free, but breakfast was an extra $35 per person over the $400+ per night rate, and we declined to include the breakfast and found more reasonable options around the corner since we didn't want lavish breakfasts anyway.

The room was comfortable but the furnishings seemed quite dated, needing renovation. Housekeeping forgot needed items like towels and shampoos both days but were prompt in correcting when we called. Main issue we had was that we could hear every sound from the next room, verbal conversations at normal speech levels and the walls seemed paper thin, not acceptable at a 5 star hotel.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
GM A, Hotel Manager at Caesar Park Rio De Janeiro Ipanema Managed by Sofitel, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Dear Guest,

We thank you for having chosen Caesar Park Hotel Rio de Janeiro – Managed by Sofitel, also for sending your remarks at the end of your stay.

Every comment made by our customers is taken very seriously, as they contribute to the maintenance and improvement of our standards.

We hope to welcome you soon.

Best Regards,

582 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Beverly Hills, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I stayed at the Caesar Park for one week in April. I've stayed in luxury hotels all over the world, so I was hesitant about this hotel because the photos online made it appear only average and definitely not 4.5 stars. However, because of the good reviews I read both on TripAdvisor and other websites, and because I was told to stay in Ipanema, I decided to take a chance on it.

First, I want to say I have zero regrets about my choice. The hotel made my trip to Rio. The staff (including all of the wonderful concierges as well as breakfast waitstaff) were incredible. The hotel is located right across the street from the best beach in Rio and the hotel staff on the beach are equally accomodating and kind. The hotel staff exceeded every expectation I had.

I will say that the hotel may be 4.5 stars for Rio, its probably more like 3.5 stars by American standards. The carpets were stained, the curtains were old, but it was comfortable enough and I never felt uncomfortable in my room even though it wasn't as luxurious as most hotels I am used to staying in. Internet service was free and the they offered turn down service every night, where they left chocalate and water at no cost. Any minor things with the condition of the room was easily overlooked by the amazing breakfast buffet they offered every morning on the top floor with gorgeous views of the city and the beach, the helpful concierges who were eager to assist with everything, and the prime location. If you have read reviews of Rio not being safe, stay in Ipanema. I never felt unsafe, not even walking home at 3:00 in the morning. Also, if you are toying with staying in Ipanema or Copacabana, trust me, Ipanema or Leblon are far superior to Copacabana. There may be more to do in Copacabana, but its dirty and crowded and probably not as safe. Ipanema is clean and charming and stylish.

Before this trip to Rio, I never felt compelled to write a review. But the hotel staff at Caesar Park were so incredible, I wanted to share my experience. I definitely plan on returning to Rio and will stay at Caesar Park everytime as well as recommending it to all my friends.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Managing_Director_RJ, Hotel Manager at Caesar Park Rio De Janeiro Ipanema Managed by Sofitel, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Dear Guest,

We thank you for having chosen Caesar Park Rio de Janeiro – Managed by Sofitel, and also for sending your comments to TripAdvisor.

It is with pleasure that we receive your remarks and acknowledge that our services were up to your desires and expectations.

Venice, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

The location is excellent, in the elegant neighborhood of Ipanema and right across the street from the beach (where you find complimentary chairs and umbrellas). We had an ocean view room, very big and comfortable, but the overall feeling was that the building has seen better days and now needs a strong renovation, before meeting the Sofitel standards. The free internet connection was quite slow, although we didn't try the paid one so we can't tell the difference.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Managing_Director_RJ, Hotel Manager at Caesar Park Rio De Janeiro Ipanema Managed by Sofitel, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

We thank you for having chosen Caesar Park Rio de Janeiro – Managed by Sofitel, and also for sending your comments to us at the end of your stay.

Tolland, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

It was wonderful to walk into a nice clean room with crisp white bed linens after flying overnight to Rio. I think the hotel is very good overall, it perhaps needs just a little updating but rooms overall are nice, location is excellent right across from the beach, food is good in the bar and the breakfast. I will say breakfast service was a little slow but it doesn't detract from the incredible mountain views. There are good restaurants nearby and a terrific little craft shop around the corner. I would stay again.

Room Tip: try to stay on the south side of the hotel for views of the mountains.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

My first time in Brazil and Rio.
I could not have started my trip any more enjoyable and memorable than by staying in the Caesar Park on Ipanema Beach.
The hotel's location is superb, right across the road on Ipanema Beach, with the most wonderful views on to the ocean, even if you only go for a 'sideview' room. Try and get any rooms above the 16th floor. The staff is exceptionally helpful, courteous and very efficient. Any queries and inquiries simply go to the concierge....the best I have encountered on my travels.
The rooms are modern, spacious and have all the amenities you would expect. The breakfast and/or lunch on the 23rd floor is a MUST. The views are spectacular, the service impeccable and the (small) pool will do for a cooling splash...all in all highly recommendable.
Rio in March is hot and humid...apparently according to some locals..go in August/Sept/October. The heat is dry and more bearable (around 25C) and the prices are low!!
Please remember: the beach service of the hotel is free and very comfortable and efficient!
..AND do not miss the daily procession of joggers/walkers/onlookers as from 5.30AM on Ipanema!

Room Tip: see above....
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Managing_Director_RJ, Hotel Manager at Caesar Park Rio De Janeiro Ipanema Managed by Sofitel, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Dear Guest,

We hope to welcome you in your next visit to Rio de Janeiro!

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

My family of two adults and two kids (ages 9 and 10) stayed at the Caesar for 6 nights. We stayed for 4 nights, then traveled to Buzios and came back for 2 more nights. We had two connecting rooms on the 16th floor. We had the breakfast two mornings and our regret was not having it for all 6 mornings - it was the best breakfast I have had in years. Great choice of fruits, cheeses, hot foods, pastries, etc. The rooms are large, nicely furnished and comfortable - rooms could use new carpets as they were a bit worn and dirty. I worked quite a bit and the use of the desk was great, wifi was fantastic. I tried both the paid wifi with faster service and they were both acceptable. Pool was nothing special, but views from the pool were outstanding. The service staff was super friendly and went out of their way to help us. The concierge helped us with many good restaurant choices and even helped us to rent a car which we could park for free at the hotel! The location across from Ipanema beach and just north of Leblon is hard to beat. Wish I could have stayed longer!

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Managing_Director_RJ, Hotel Manager at Caesar Park Rio De Janeiro Ipanema Managed by Sofitel, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Dear Guest,

We hope to welcome you in your next visit to Rio de Janeiro!

San Diego, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

I stayed at the Caesar Park Ipanema March 21st through March 26th. I understand that it’s now being managed by Sofitel, a chain which I adore. However, I didn’t see too much of Sofitel's culture ingrained into the hotel as of yet. Either way, I thought it was an overall positive stay. When I researched this hotel, I didn’t find a lot of pictures or the bathroom or bedrooms so I added a few to this review.

Hotel
I rate this at about 3.5 to 4 star hotel (US standards). The restaurant is quite small, the outdoor/pool area is in need of major renovation and the restaurant staff wasn’t all that nice.

There is a bar area, though very small and not too inviting as it sits behind a wall and you can’t really do a lot of "people watching". There is a counter past the concierge that converts currency.

There are cameras everywhere, which made us feel very safe.

We arrived at 11am and check-in was not until 3pm. We were very excited and appreciative that the front desk did everything they could to get us into a room earlier.

Hotel Room
The hotel room was OK. It was obvious that the room and furniture were a lil dated though everything was very clean. The bed was pretty comfortable and I liked the partial view of the room.

The bathroom was the most dated area. It was all marble but the shower doors were rusty looking and needed to be replaced. Also, I found icky rust in the bathroom so it might be time for a change there as well.

Again, everything was very clean so that rates a lot higher than furniture in my book.

Bath gel, shampoo, lotion, conditioner and soap are all available and replaced/added daily

The staff added bottles of water to the turndown service which was very much appreciated.

I spent my birthday at this hotel and they snuck into my room while we were out to deliver a yummy mango cake with "Parabens" in chocolate, very sweet gesture.

The hotel delivered a few yummy desserts "just because". I liked that a lot

Location
This hotel has the most perfect location in Rio de Janiero. There are a number of hotels that say Ipanema but really, there are only a handful that are (in my opinion) in true Ipanema (the area with the multitude of bars and restaurants). The "hot spot" of Ipanema rests between Praca de Paz and Praca Espanha, from the beach all the way through to the bay. This area (more specifically Barao da Torre) is filled with yummy restaurants, though they can be a bit pricey. Also, I always felt safe in this area. My fiancé and I made a point to remove all jewelry before leaving for a night on the town but we never saw anything to make us nervous. The streets are all lined with trees though beware of the uneven ground. Make sure you wear comfortable shoes! Please note that Ipanema is mainly an area for residents. Most of the tourists reside in Copacabana. For that reason, you'll find a very crowded but fine beach, minimal hotels and tons of restaurants and local bars.

Room Tip: Partial view, high floor, away from the elevator.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Please be sure that your suggestions were carefully analyzed.

We hope to welcome you soon to "Cidade Maravilhosa"!

Best Regards,

Managed by Sofitel

Been to Caesar Park Rio De Janeiro Ipanema Managed by Sofitel? Share your experiences!