We had certain worries about staying on Copacobana beach but reviews were so positive for this hotel that we went for it. Everything, from the moment we entered the hotel until leaving three days later was superb. It is relatively small, for the location, so staff welcome everyone as a friend. We were in a standard room but if anything this was better than the ocean front suites that, although they boasted full beach views, would not have given us the magnificent view of both the Corcovado and the coast - it was the 17th floor though, so possibly lower floors may not have such spectacular views.
We ate at the beautiful, roof top, pool bar for lunch snacks and also in the panoramic 5th floor restaurant for enormous breakfasts - both were great quality food and attentive service.
When we needed a late check out for our 7.30pm departure, we were offered the room until 4.00pm, a service that often carries a 50% surcharge. This was provided with grace and a smile although the hotel was fully booked.
We were interested in visiting other ares of the city and although the reception staff offered the 'Tailor Made' tours they also suggested all the local bus and metro routes to take in the same sights at a fraction of the cost. Likewise, they suggested the best restaurants of every ethnicity and for every pocket. Does it get any better than this for a city center hotel in one of the world's most famous destinations AND at an affordable rate?
- Also Known As:
- Rio Internacional Hotel
- Hotel Porto Bay Rio Internacional
- Porto Bay Rio Internacional Hotel Rio De Janeiro, Brazil
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Right on Copacabana beach in the spectacular city of Rio de Janeiro, Porto Bay Rio Internacional offers you the best of two worlds – the sensational city and a breathtaking view over the beach right on the doorstep... Step into Rio Internacional and feel at home - make the most of your stay! Look out over Copacabana beach and revitalise yourself with the sea breeze. The ideal location for an unforgettable holiday or to counter the stress of a day's work in Rio ... 117 apartments/rooms decorated in the best taste... a range of flavours at La Finestra and a roof-top pool with stunning views over Copacabana beach and Corcovado... The hotel Porto Bay Rio Internacional offers free Wi-Fi throughout the whole hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Splendia, Tingo, Priceline, Otel, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Porto Bay Rio Internacional Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.