A very good hotel. I picked it due to the reviews on here and the fact it was considerably cheaper than the likes of Sofitel and JW Marriott. For the views of Copacabana, the location is fantastic.
Plus points: Good breakfast buffet (which was included, unlike the others). My room was nicely fitted out and modern with a good bed and decent shower and a balcony overlooking the beach. The staff were very friendly and helpful and I was given a glass of chilled, sparkling wine on arrival which was greatly appreciated.
Minus points: Only small things really. The pool on the roof is literally only a few metres long so don't plan on doing much swimming - more than 2 people in it is a squeeze. Not much in the way of a bar - one on the roof which is obviously closed if the weather is bad and a very small thing off the lobby. Wi-Fi Internet access at around £15 a day is expensive and something I am beginning to expect to get for free these days.
Also, it's not really in an area you want to be wandering around in after dark. I didn't see much in the way of bars (but I didn't really have much chance to look) and general advice seems to be to be v. careful around Copacabana at night.
These small things aside, its a very nice hotel at a very good price. Recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Right on Copacabana beach in the spectacular city of Rio de Janeiro, Porto Bay Rio Internacional offers you the best of two worlds – the sensational city and a breathtaking view over the beach right on the doorstep... Step into Rio Internacional and feel at home - make the most of your stay! Look out over Copacabana beach and revitalise yourself with the sea breeze. The ideal location for an unforgettable holiday or to counter the stress of a day's work in Rio ... 117 apartments/rooms decorated in the best taste... a range of flavours at La Finestra and a roof-top pool with stunning views over Copacabana beach and Corcovado... The hotel Porto Bay Rio Internacional offers free Wi-Fi throughout the whole hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Hotel.de, HotelTravel.com, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Porto Bay Rio Internacional Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rio Internacional Hotel
- Hotel Porto Bay Rio Internacional
- Porto Bay Rio Internacional Hotel Rio De Janeiro, Brazil