Staff was very nice. We stayed in an ocean side suite with small balcony. This hotel is starting to show it's age. One window in the room wouldn't close all the way because of a busted hinge and allowed lots of street noise into the room, asked for a different room and was told they could put me on the back of the hotel (not happening). The veiw was very nice and loved having the balcony for people watching, we were in room 701.
Probably the worst thing about the room was the bed. It was as hard as a rock, I've never felt anything like this in what is suppose to be a quality hotel. Both my wife and I sleep on our sides and woke up every morning with our hips hurting and in my case from broken ribs from an old war injury (ok, I fell off a bike), they were painful for days afterwards. As I told you, they could put me in the back of the building for a change of rooms.
The second worst thing about the room was the showers, not ours the neighbors. Their bathroom was right along side the entrance into the room. When they turned on their showers it sounded like someone was discharging a fire extinguisher inside of our room. This is not an exaggeration, there is no way anybody will sleep in room 701 when room 703 (I'm guesing about the number) runs a shower.
The food was awful, I mean so awful, that though we paid for the breakfast, after the first time, we only used it for getting coffee. We were there for 4 days and sat down in the restaurant for day 1. We also did the dinner buffet, on day 1, couldn't figure out why at 8:00pm there were only 4 people in the place and then we ate the food, or started to eat the food, then we understood.
The only reason we stayed here is the Copacabana was under construction and this was the highest rated hotel left. Location is wonderful, the beach fantastic. People watching great. The balcony even with traffic noise was very nice for eveing drinks, so I gave it two stars, but if you can't eat or sleep well??????
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Right on Copacabana beach in the spectacular city of Rio de Janeiro, Porto Bay Rio Internacional offers you the best of two worlds – the sensational city and a breathtaking view over the beach right on the doorstep... Step into Rio Internacional and feel at home - make the most of your stay! Look out over Copacabana beach and revitalise yourself with the sea breeze. The ideal location for an unforgettable holiday or to counter the stress of a day's work in Rio ... 117 apartments/rooms decorated in the best taste... a range of flavours at La Finestra and a roof-top pool with stunning views over Copacabana beach and Corcovado... The hotel Porto Bay Rio Internacional offers free Wi-Fi throughout the whole hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Splendia, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, Otel, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Porto Bay Rio Internacional Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rio Internacional Hotel
- Hotel Porto Bay Rio Internacional
- Porto Bay Rio Internacional Hotel Rio De Janeiro, Brazil