The last time i was in Rio I stayed at the Copacabana Palace, and for $550 a night was treated like royalty. The bar was set high
I would give this hotel a 7/10, some aspects are better than CP, but many aren't, but it is a lot cheaper, so that's understandable.
The views around the poolside are great, probably one of the best in Rio, a lovely place to chill in the day and for sunset, after coming back from trips. The pool is SO small though, the photos are clever in disguising how small, think large jacuzzi and you're there
The rooms weren't made up until 4pm for 3 of the days of our 4 night stay, pretty unacceptable for a $320 a night hotel. But the room was nice, decent size and when cleaned, it was clean, tidy and comfortable, with a good side view of the beach
The reception area were helpful when needed, but very busy so often had to wait a while
The hallways on the floors are so dimly lit, you literally can't see a thing, and often the elevators are a 5 minute wait!
Overall, I would recommend, but it just has a few key details i'd like to see ironed out before I could make it a 4/5
- Also Known As:
- Rio Internacional Hotel
- Hotel Porto Bay Rio Internacional
- Porto Bay Rio Internacional Hotel Rio De Janeiro, Brazil
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Right on Copacabana beach in the spectacular city of Rio de Janeiro, Porto Bay Rio Internacional offers you the best of two worlds – the sensational city and a breathtaking view over the beach right on the doorstep... Step into Rio Internacional and feel at home - make the most of your stay! Look out over Copacabana beach and revitalise yourself with the sea breeze. The ideal location for an unforgettable holiday or to counter the stress of a day's work in Rio ... 117 apartments/rooms decorated in the best taste... a range of flavours at La Finestra and a roof-top pool with stunning views over Copacabana beach and Corcovado... The hotel Porto Bay Rio Internacional offers free Wi-Fi throughout the whole hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Splendia, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, Otel, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, getaroom.com and Venere so you can book your Porto Bay Rio Internacional Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.