I guess it all depends on you: How does the "Golden Tulip" brand resonate with you? For me, after visiting several of them, I knew what to expect: Nothing special, a rather Dutch casual attitude to customer service.
The Ipanema Plaza is no exception to the rule. As +, it has:
- A great location (Ipanema and 100 meters from the beach)
- A Very good restaurant
- A very decent value for money offer
The - are:
- Decent and needing a refreshment rooms
- Painfully slow check-in and out (the only clerc was also answering outgoing and ingoing calls in the morning at 9am)
- An remarkably unpersonal and causal attitude to customers delight (something the Dutch hotel schools have obviously not yet heard about;)
I would advise if you look for a value for money stay in an ideal sport of Rio and if you are not too demanding regarding the hotel.
I will get back there with measured level of expectations.
I hope this helps
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Golden Tulip Ipanema Plaza reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ipanema Plaza Hotel Rio De Janeiro
- Golden Tulip Rio De Janeiro
- Rio De Janeiro Golden Tulip
- Golden Tulip Ipanema Plaza Rio De Janeiro, Brazil