After reading many of the reviews, I wasn't sure I was staying in the same hotel. We - two adults and a 13-year-old - arrived and got a great reception at the desk. The clerk took one look at our nearly 6-foot-tall son and upgraded our room to a queen bed and extra bed (from two doubles). The concierge/baggage handlers were all friendly. The room was very clean the three days we stayed. The breakfast buffet wasn't what I would call luxurious, but there was a lot of choice. The location is indeed the draw: half-block from the beach and several cafes and restaurants/bars very close by, in addition to a main shopping street. Biggest drawback was slow internet/wireless network, but that is a Brazil problem in general, not limited to this hotel. To sum up, I would recommend for couples and families wanting to be close to the beach, not for business if you need to work online. Enough of the staff knew English that we could communicate well.
- Also Known As:
- Ipanema Plaza Hotel Rio De Janeiro
- Ipanema Plaza Hotel
- Ipanema Plaza
- Golden Tulip Rio De Janeiro
- Rio De Janeiro Golden Tulip
- Golden Tulip Ipanema Plaza Rio De Janeiro, Brazil
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Olotels, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Otel, HotelsClick and Tingo so you can book your Golden Tulip Ipanema Plaza reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.