Our flight arrived late morning, with our arrival to Sofitel by 1pm. We had arranged the Club Millesime experience, which started with a private check-in on the 8th floor. Everyone was over-the-top wonderful; we were treated very well. Our room was not available due to arriving early, but they held our luggage and sent us upstairs to the private lounge with an great view of the ocean, the city, Sugar Loaf and the favelas on the side of the hill/mountain. They offered any kind of drink (all included in the Club) and incredible (really excellent and unique) appetizers available most of the day. We had breakfast on the lounge which was top-notch. We did decide to have breakfast later in the Atlantica restaurant downstairs as it had a more broad-based buffet selection and was also very good.
Some other notes: Our taxi ride from the airport to Sofitel was arranged at the taxi port line at the airport. The cost was R$50 plus R$3.50 per bag, about a 30-minute trip. Visiting Sugar Loaf is best by taxi. To go to Corcovado take the #583 bus by walking just a couple blocks off the beach. It is easy, takes a little bit longer than taxi but a great way to see the city and people.
Sofitel is at the end of Copacabana Beach and has direct access to the beach after walking across a street, as with all hotels in Copacabana and Ipanema. A walk from Sofitel to Ipanema Beach requires a few block walk on city streets to reach it, as the military fort and natural rock formations limit direct assess from one beach to the other.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Rio De Janeiro Copacabana Hotel Rio De Janeiro
- Sofitel Rio De Janeiro Copacabana Hotel
- Accor Rio De Janeiro
- Sofitel Rio De Janeiro
- Rio De Janeiro Sofitel
- Sofitel Rio De Janeiro Copacabana Brazil
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The location of Sofitel Rio de Janeiro Copacabana is a splendid one. It leaves the guest practically leaning over Copacabana beach – one of the most beautiful beaches in the world. It is beside Ipanema, a charming neighborhood full of attractions, immortalized in a song by Tom Jobim and Vinicius de Moraes, “Garota de Ipanema”.Sofitel Rio de Janeiro Copacabana is considered one of the most prestigious Brazilian luxury hotels, combining French savoir-faire with Carioca charm.Enjoy our comfortable apartments with balconies and the MyBed bed, the executive floor with Club Millésime services – a new concept in personalized service, beach service, two pools and many other facilities, in addition to the award winning cuisine here at Sofitel.Situated near the main business centers in the city, the hotel offers an ample and versatile Convention Center, and also a modern Board Meeting Room, a fully equipped room with a view of Copacabana beach, uniting comfort and personalized services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, ACCOR, Otel and Venere so you can book your Sofitel Rio de Janeiro Copacabana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.